|"A lot of eyes are on us this time, especially since we have poor intel."|
This article, 92FS, is a stub and may require expansion. Please help out by editing the page.
The 92FS is a semi-automatic pistol manufactured by Beretta Arms SpA that chambers the 9x19mm Parabellum round. The 92FS is a variant of the Beretta Model 92 with an enlarged hammer pin that fits into the groove on the underside of the slide. The 92FS is also produced for the United States Army as the standard pistol, under the designation of the M9.
The Taurus PT92 is a double action/single action, 9×19mm Parabellum, double-stack magazine, semi-automatic, short recoil action pistol manufactured by Taurus based on the design of Beretta 92, in the former Beretta factory in São Paulo, Brazil.
The 92FS, M9 and Taurus PT92 are categorized as handguns in the Rainbow Six universe.
The Berretta Model 92FS is RAINBOW's 9mm of choice. Its primary advantage is low recoil and a large magazine compared to the bulkier .45.
The 92FS 9mm is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear. Functioning similar to its counterpart of the original game, the suppressed variant, known as the 92FS 9mm-SD is also available in the game.
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Take-Down – Missions in Korea
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lone Wolf
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield. It is the most common pistol in the game. Unlike past variants, the weapon can be fitted with attachments such as a Suppressor or High-Capacity Mag.
Rainbow Six 3 (Console)
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3 (Console).
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow. The weapon comes with an attached Suppressor by default.
- "An Italian made pistol used by many of the world's military and law enforcement forces. Normally the M9 uses the High Capacity Magazine or Suppressor attachments."
— In-game description
The M9 is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Lockdown.
In the console versions of the game, the M9 is equipped with a Suppressor attachment by default. In the PC version of the game, the M9 does not have the Suppressor automatically attached like in the console versions of the game. The M9 is used by Faisal Amidan's militia in the missions Algeria and Desert Village, by the New Freedom Army in the mission Amsterdam, and by the Revolutionary Brotherhood in the mission Parliament.
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas.
- "Semi-auto pistol, uses 9mm Parabellum."
— In-game Description
The 92FS is a gadget featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas (PSP).
The 92FS is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas 2. Since Vegas 1 and 2 share the same engine and models, the weapon appears in the same configuration as its Vegas 1 counterpart.
Two variants of the 92FS are available in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, the PRB92 and Luison.
- "Standard issue 9mm hand gun. A CTU classic sidearm, effective from short to medium range with medium stopping power."
— In-game description
- "Unique PRB92 equipped with a custom suppressor. High knock-down power in close-quarter, but is non-lethal."
— In-game description
Vegas 1 & 2
- The safety of the 92FS is erroneously always on.
- The PRB92 is intended to represent the Taurus PT92, a Brazilian copy of the Beretta 92.
- Kills with the "Luison" do not count towards any pistol challenges in the Weekly Challenge System, only gadget challenges.
- Descriptions of the "Luison" cannot seem to agree as to whether or not it is loaded with a non-lethal round like rubber bullets or just regular lethal subsonic ammunition. Its tendency to DBNO enemy operators seems to imply it is using rubber ammunition, however the fact that it can kill a DBNO operator seems to indicate it is somewhat lethal. While this is theoretically possible for rubber bullets to kill someone, it would certainly take more than one shot, and would not work at longer ranges.
- The Luison's namesake (also called Luisõ or Lobison) is a monstrous creature in Guaraní mythology. The Guaraní are a cultural group located in South-Central America, including Brazil. It's a dog or werewolf-like creature said to have a similar function to the Grim Reaper.
- While the PRB92 is supposed to stand in for the real Taurus PT92 used by BOPE, it has a round trigger guard and heel magazine release, both not present on any PT92. However, the PRB92's wider cocking serrations are featured on PT92s.
- The pistol, and, along with other Rainbow operators can be seen with Caveira in Tom Clancy‘s Ghost Recon Wildlands. However, you can obtain the pistol as part of the Rainbow Six Siege pack in the store in game.