- "Provides a 2.5x magnification for long distance engagements."
— In-game description
The ACOG Sight is a weapon attachment featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It replaces the default iron sight, providing a 2.5x scope for players to view through. This allows players to easily aim at targets from a farther distance than all the other available sights, with the caveat that recoil becomes harder to control, and shooting at close-distance targets becomes harder. This attachment is extremely effective on semi-automatic weapons such as the Marksman rifles and slug shotguns. On most guns, the sight displays an arrow with gradings; the tip of the arrow pointing to the target being aimed at. However, some weapons have access to different versions of the ACOG Sight, such as the AK-12 and both M249 variants.
The AK-12, 6P41 and Spear .308, like the rest of the Spetsnaz weapons, use different sights. They are also the only weapons capable of using the Russian version of the ACOG, meaning only Fuze and Finka can use this type of ACOG Sight.
In terms of distribution, the Defenders that can currently equip the ACOG Sight are Doc, Rook, Echo, Maestro and Kaid, meaning the MP5, P90, MP5SD, ALDA 5.56 and TCSG12 are the only Defender weapons that can equip it. On the other side, every non-shotgun primary weapon on attack can equip the ACOG sight, with the exception of the OTs-03 and the R4-C.
Primary Weapon Incompatibility
- The default ACOG sight model is based on the Trijicon ACOG.
- The Spetsnaz version of the scope is based on the PK-01 day sight.
- The PK-01 is incorrectly shown as a telescopic sight in-game. In reality, it is a 1x holographic sight.
- The ACOG on the M249 is based on the Steiner P4Xi 1-4x24.