The original article was at Atchisson Assault Shotgun. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "This 12-gauge combat shotgun is fully automatic and drum-fed. Great for blasting holes in walls and possesses surprisingly low recoil and muzzle rise."
— In-game description
The Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) is a shotgun developed in 1972 by Maxwell Atchisson. The current 2005 version has been developed over 18 years since the patent was sold to Military Police Systems, Inc. The original design was the basis of several later weapons, including the USAS-12.
In-game, designated as the ACS12, this shotgun boasts the highest round capacity of any shotgun in the game, as well as a fully-automatic firing mode. In addition, the default iron sights are similar to the MP7 in that they obstruct vision minimally when aiming down sights.
The weapon works like an automatic DMR thanks to the slug rounds, but the relatively low TTK at distance calls for precision shots by aiming at the head of the target.
- The ACS12 in-game may have been modified to shoot from a closed-bolt configuration, since the bolt is always forward at rest.
- The charging handle is not pulled back far enough during a full reload.
- The ACS12 is a closed-bolt weapon in-game, so it should not be able to have a round in the chamber.
- The real-life AA12 does not use 30 round drum magazines, but rather 20-round and 32-round.