The original article was at AK-12. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Medium range assault rifle, medium to high stopping power based on caliber. Used by Spetznaz."
— In-game description
The AK-12 (formerly the АK-200) is the newest derivative of the AK-pattern series of assault rifles. The AK-12 is an assault rifle manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern (formerly Izhmash) that chambers the 5.45x39mm round.
In-game, the AK-12 combines decent firepower with fast 850 rounds per minute. This makes the assault rifle capable of taking on the weaker but faster-firing submachine guns. However, it's difficult to control its harsh recoil when fired fully automatic, requiring either the use of a Vertical Grip and a Compensator to ease it.
- The AK-12 utilized is modeled after the original 2012 prototype, which fired at 600-650 RPM and was later canceled for the Final Production Model that was based on the well-proven AK-400 (Base Prototype).
- The selector switch is marked the wrong way. The order of the markings АВ-3-1-ПР should follow from rear to front, instead of the model's front to rear order.
- The AK-12's bolt locks back on the last round. Special 5.45 magazines for the AK-12 have been developed in real life that allow the weapon to have this feature.
- The AK-12 is the strongest assault rifle in-game.