The original article was at AK-12. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Medium range assault rifle, medium to high stopping power based on caliber. Used by Spetznaz."
— In-game description
The AK-12 (formerly the АK-200) is the newest derivative of the AK-pattern series of assault rifles. The AK-12 is an assault rifle manufactured by Kalashnikov Concern (formerly Izhmash) that chambers the 5.45x39mm round.
In-game, the AK-12 combines a high damage output with a fast 850 rounds per minute, resulting in some of the fastest TTKs amongst Assault Rifles. However, the gun's somewhat harsh vertical and horizontal recoil make it difficult to control when firing fully automatic.
The AK-12's horizontal recoil starts to noticeably worsen from as early as the 4th shot of a spray. Therefore, the Compensator is the player's best bet at tightening the spray pattern of the weapon.
- High rate of fire
- High damage output
- Subpar horizontal recoil
- Steep damage dropoff
- The AK-12 utilized is modeled after the original 2012 prototype, which fired at 600-650 RPM and was later canceled for the Final Production Model that was based on the well-proven AK-400 (Base Prototype).
- The selector switch is marked the wrong way. The order of the markings АВ-3-1-ПР should follow from rear to front, instead of the model's front to rear order.
- The AK-12's bolt locks back on the last round. Special 5.45 magazines for the AK-12 have been developed in real life that allow the weapon to have this feature.
- The AK-12 is the strongest assault rifle in-game, which features the highest DPS among primary weapons.
- When using the AK-12 on operator Ace, with no equipped weapon skin, it will have the NIGHTHAVEN logo applied to the gun.