The original article was at Heckler & Koch HK33. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Auto, semi, and burst capable assault rifle used by SAS, best in medium range encounters."
— In-game description
The HK33 is a 5.56mm assault rifle developed in the 1960s by West German armament manufacturer Heckler & Koch GmbH (HK), primarily for export. It uses the G3 operating principle and basic design concept.
In-game, designated as the AR33, this assault rifle is a decent, Jack-of-All-Trades primary weapon. However, its magazine capacity leaves something to be desired, as its rather underwhelming size of 25 rounds, plus the additional round in the chamber, are not particularly attractive qualities for a weapon. The recoil pattern is fairly manageable given its rate of fire.
- Moderate fire rate
- Manageable recoil
- Low magazine size
- Average damage
In the Heavily Fortified Situation, SAS Operator Thatcher is deployed and is equipped with an AR33 and a P226 Mk 25 as a sidearm. The rifle is equipped with an Scope 1.5x , a Flash Hider, and a Vertical Grip.
- In the Closed Alpha version of the game, the rifle was designated as the K33 NATO.
- The name, AR33, is simply an abbreviation of Assault Rifle 33.
- The AR33 in-game is modeled after the HK33A2 variant.
- However, it has an S-E-F selector, meaning that the burst function would be impossible.
- The rifle is modeled with a 30 round magazine and incorrectly feeds 25 rounds out of the said magazine.