The original article was at Minebea PM-9. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Short to medium range submachine gun with high rate of fire and mobility. Best used in close quarters."
— In-game description
The Minebea PM-9 (also known as 9mm Machine Pistol in the Japan Self-Defense Forces (JSDF) or as the M9) is a Japanese-made machine pistol manufactured by the Nippon Miniature Bearing Company, otherwise known as Minebea.
In-game, designated as the Bearing 9, this machine pistol has a high rate of fire and a rather large magazine capacity. Its recoil pattern is challenging to control as the horizontal recoil is quite unpredictable. Therefore, this weapon is best suited for close-range engagements, while anything above mid-range will require careful tap-firing.
- High rate of fire
- Good damage output
- High and unpredictable recoil
- Lacks grips
- The Bearing 9 was originally classified as a Submachine Gun.
- The weapon has two empty reload animations, one for using the iron sights and one for using any sight attachments on the weapon.
- The odd designation is likely a reference to what Minebea stands for (Nippon Miniature Bearing Company).