Jenson grew up in a comfortable upper middle-class family with no military history. He decided that he wanted to be a Navy SEAL at a young age and devoted his life to achieving this goal. With the help of his father, a kinesiology professor at the University of Washington, he started training at twelve and enlisted at eighteen.
The drive and discipline seen in SEAL team members is what drew Jenson to the group. He sees SEALs as an ideal blend of mental and physical abilities and strives to optimize both of these traits in himself.
A Medium Armored Operator, Blackbeard's unique gadgets are his two Transparent Armored Rifle-Shields (TARS). These shields have 50 HP each. They protect his head from a few bullets, allowing a slightly higher survivability rate at the cost of mobility and recoil control.
- When equipped with one of his Rifle-Shields, Blackbeard is protected from a few shots that are directed to his head. As such, his survival rate is increased by virtue of his head being more protected than other Operators.
- Blackbeard holds two Rifle-Shields in total, and has to manually equip or de-equip them.
- When Blackbeard still has two Rifle-Shields, pressing the equipment key will equip one of the two Rifle-Shields (the first one by default), pressing it again will de-equip it. After unequipping the shield, the game will automatically index to the other shield, and pressing the equipment key again will equip the other shield instead of the first. Unequipping the second shield will switch to the first shield, which can be equipped again.
- Each Rifle-Shield can only withstand up to 50 HP worth of damage. Blackbeard is able to see each Shield's health, and can switch them out voluntarily.
- A speed penalty is incurred when the Rifle-Shield is equipped, reducing his speed from 90% down to 62.5%need to retest for patch 3.2.2 update.
- However, if he unequips the Shield or switches to his D-50, he'll regain his maximum movement speed.
- Blackbeard works well with Shield Operators due to the additional protection that they provide. With Blackbeard providing additional firepower, Operators like Montagne and Blitz provide him ample, mobile protection.
- The Rifle-Shields have a limited health pool before they are torn apart. As such, weapons with a high damage output or have a blistering fire rate to compensate the damage will make quick work of them.
- Vigil's BOSG.12.2 will make quick work of the Rifle-Shield with a single shot aimed at any part of it due to the weapon's damage output far surpassing the Shield's usual life expectancy.
- Weapons such as Smoke's SMG-11 and Mira's Vector .45 ACP shoot at a fire rate so fast it can easily compensate for their weak damage per bullet, provided of course enough of these bullets connect.
- "Deploys a ballistic shield on his rifle that can be swapped if the first one gets damaged."
— TARS Mk 0-Transparent Armored Rifle-Shield Description
- Blackbeard was first seen in the The Laws of Siege - Unique Operators trailer at 0:36 on the far left.
- His name was first revealed with the announcement of the Operation Dust Line expansion on April 22, 2016.
- On his knee guard, it says BPOS (B Positive), NKA (No Known Allergies).
- Blackbeard's default outfit consists of multiple Crye Precision pieces of equipment; the AirFrame helmet, an AC combat set in Multicam and a Jumpable Plate Carrier (JPC).
- Blackbeard is the only known individual in Rainbow whom 707th SMB Operator Chul Kyung Hwa trusts enough to confide in.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|