- "Has a backup mounted shield to swap if the first one gets damaged."
— TARS Mk 0-Transparent Armored Rifle-Shield Description
Craig "Blackbeard" Jenson is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Dust Line expansion alongside Valkyrie. A Medium Armored Operator, Blackbeard's unique gadget are two Rifle-Shields. These shields protect his head from a few bullets, allowing a higher survivability rate at the cost of mobility and recoil control.
Jenson grew up in a comfortable upper middle-class family with no military history. He decided that he wanted to be a Navy SEAL at a young age and devoted his life to achieving this goal. With the help of his father, a kinesiology professor at the University of Washington, he started training at twelve and enlisted at eighteen.
The drive and discipline seen in SEAL team members is what drew Jenson to the group. He sees SEALs as an ideal blend of mental and psychical abilities and strives to optimize both of these traits in himself.
- Blackbeard is a strong point man with his Rifle-Shield, which can block a couple headshots before breaking. While accuracy is still a strong priority, the risk is lessened significantly by giving a buffer between him and his targets.
- The speed penalty applied when his gadget is active only applies when Blackbeard is using his primary weapon. If Blackbeard switches to his secondary weapon, he will still be able to move at normal speed.
- Keep in mind that Blackbeard's Rifle-Shields can only withstand up to 60 HP worth of damage, meaning most weapons can easily tear through his shield in a couple seconds.
- It's recommended to take off the Rifle-Shield when not in use, as the movement penalty and ease of breaking will be more of a hindrance than a benefit.
The TARS Mk 0, Transparent Armored Rifle-Shield, or simply "Rifle-Shield", is a prototype based on the armor shield technology for tank gunners. It allows Blackbeard to increase his mobile protection without diminishing his field of vision.
- Blackbeard was first seen in the The Laws of Siege - Unique Operators trailer at 0:36 on the far left.
- In the trailer his weapon was the R4-C with the Level III Striker Shield attached from X Armament Ballistic Shield.
- His name was first revealed with the announcement of the Operation Dust Line expansion on April 22, 2016.
- On his knee guard, It says BPOS (B Positive), KNA (No Known Allergies).
- Blackbeard's default outfit consists of an AirFrame ballistic helmet, a G2 Combat Shirt and Pants with a JPC body armor worn over. All of his gear is made by the same manufacturer, Crye Precision.
- Blackbeard appears to have some form of Medical training, as he comes equipped with a Medical kit on his chest rig, as well as scissors.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|