Elias "Blitz" Kötz is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
A student of Hermann-Böse-Gymnasium, Kötz excelled academically and as a sportsman in the HBG's bilingual program. His imposing physique made him an exceptional athlete, he carried his experience on the field into his military training. His jovial nature and academic background eased the transition from a Schnelle Kräfte soldier in Kosovo to a member of GSG 9. Kötz was integral to establishing an anti-terrorism unit in India following the 2008 attack in Mumbai.
Kötz has seen his share of battlefield horrors but is mentally resilient. He uses humor to disarm and as a device to manage stress during operations. He is the first to rush a barricade and is always willing to place the team's safety over his own. Kötz rejects the concept that his deeds are in some way heroic. When faced with overt praise, he will become self-effacing.
A Medium Armored Operator, Blitz's unique gadget is the G52-Tactical Shield, which comes with three rows of flash charges that blind anyone within the Shield's range. Unlike other Shield Operators, Blitz can also wield his shield up while sprinting.
- Blitz's Flash Shield has the ability to blind enemies within range of its flash, holding up to four flash charges per round.
- The Flash Charges have a maximum reach of five meters, with full temporary blindness being caused at distances up to four meters. Unlike Stun Grenades, facing away from Blitz has no effect on all ranges.
- The Flash Charge can also be activated while aiming down sights.
- There is a 2.5-second cooldown between Flashes.
- Blitz is able to sprint with his shield up in front of him. This allows him to approach enemies with his head and torso protected. This contrasts other Shield using Operators who lower the shield to the side while sprinting.
- However, he has a significant speed penalty (double the normal shield penalty), effectively dropping his speed down to a normal Heavy Armored Operator.
- Smoke's Remote Gas Grenades will circumvent Blitz's defenses, like other Shield Operators.
- Mute's Signal Disruptors will disrupt the Flash Shield if Blitz is within their area of effect.
- Ela's Grzmot Mines and Lesion's Gu Mines will prevent affected Operators from sprinting, meaning Blitz will not be able to take advantage of his ability to sprint with his shield up.
Flash Shield x 4
- "Triggers the flash attached to his ballistic shield to temporarily blind enemies."
— G52-Tactical Shield Description
Kötz has been a fan of flashbang entry methods since joining the Schnelle Kräfte, preferring to disorient to limit collateral damage, unlike other explosive entry methods. The G52-Tactical Shield allows Kötz to quickly advance after firing a row and remain protected from frontal attacks as he moves to aid teammates or hostages.
Inspired by ballistic shields fashioned with strobe lights, the G52-Tactical Shield takes this technology one step further. By replacing a high-intensity light source with three rows of eight flashbang grenades, the G52 allows for a bold and calculated entrance where the aim is to incapacitate rather than maim potential targets.
- Blitz means "Lightning" in German.
- The word "Lächeln", which means "Smile" in German, and a smiley face can be seen painted on his shield in some promotional materials. The face is absent in-game.
- On February 3rd, 2017, during the live panel of the Rainbow Six Invitational, it was revealed that Blitz's original ability involved spawning during the Preparation Phase. This had been abandoned as it was determined to be game-breaking.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|