A Montreal native, Côté comes from a long line of military veterans. Côté always wanted to lead an unconventional life. He enrolled in the Canadian Armed Force Reserves via the Regular Officer Training Plan, which allowed him to attend University and obtain a degree in criminology. After graduation, he enlisted full time in the Canadian Army and was assigned to the Military Police. After separating from the military, Côté joined the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. His specialized training in high-risk situations, both long- and close-range, marine rescue, and armed ship boarding allowed him easy acceptance to join the RCMP Emergency Response Team.
After excelling in his ERT role he was invited by the Canadian military to re-up and become a member of JTF2. Côté continued to expand his repertoire of skills, including high-speed tactical driving on both land and water, hazardous materials management, and hostage rescue. In 2015, he was recruited to join Rainbow alongside Tina Lin Tsang.
Highly pragmatic, Côté will always take the shortest distance between two points. He is not one to mince words or become hyperbolic. He enjoys simple mechanical devices rather than the more high-tech arsenal employed by other members of Team Rainbow. When under stress, he exhibits self-discipline and adaptive thinking. His friendly and intuitive leadership style makes him one of the more flexible team members. Along with French and English, Côté speaks fluent Pashto and is currently enrolled in Kanien'kéha (Mohawk) studies for personal interest. 
A Medium Armored Operator, Buck's unique gadget is an underbarrel shotgun mounted under his weapon known as the "Skeleton Key", otherwise designated as the SK 4-12. The shotgun has a higher destructive potential than any of the other shotguns.
- Buck, much like Sledge, is an Operator meant for quick breaches, as his Skeleton Key is able to break through non-reinforced surfaces better than any other available shotgun in the game.
- Using the special gadget button (PC: MMB) will switch between Buck's current firearm and the attached Skeleton Key underbarrel shotgun. The Skeleton Key operates like any other firearm.
- The Skeleton Key is semi-automatic. It holds 4 + 1 shells with 16 shells in reserve.
- The Skeleton Key is not considered as a gadget with unique ammo, so ammo boxes in respective gamemodes will refill its reserves.
- The Skeleton Key is significantly more destructive than other shotguns, with each pellet able to destroy large chunks from the destructible surface.
- Due to its superior destructive capabilities, firing the Skeleton Key from a bit farther away from a surface is a viable tactic in spreading pellets out more for larger holes.
- Although not meant to be used for combat, the Skeleton Key has a maximum damage of approximately 60 per pellet. Compared to other shotguns, the Skeleton Key's damage dropoff is greater, reaching 15 damage per pellet by 14m.
- "Toggles under-barrel shotgun attachment on his main weapon."
— SK 4-12 Description
The Skeleton Key, an under-barrel mounted 12 gauge shotgun, allows Buck to swiftly breach and target hostiles. By changing hand positions on his assault rifle, he is able to quickly switch from ranged to close-quarter combat. The Skeleton Key is also an effective breaching tool to destroy barricades or create a line of sight.
- The name of the under-barrel mounted shotgun, Skeleton Key, alludes to the KAC Masterkey under-barrel mounted shotgun, as a Skeleton key is a type of Master key. The names of both shotguns allude to their use as door breaching shotguns.
- The weapon itself is based on the M26 MASS underbarrel shotgun. However, the actual attachment is bolt-action instead of semi-automatic, unlike its in-game portrayal.
- The spiked muzzle at the end of the shotgun barrel is intended for digging the shotgun into the wood around the weak points in a door so that a proper ballistic breach can be performed. Failing to stabilize the weapon during a ballistic breach could lead to the operator needing to use more shots than necessary, blowing their cover, making the spiked muzzle a very handy tool for door breaching. Of course, in Siege, this mechanic is not present.
- His blood type is O+ according to one of the pouches on his rig.
- A patch showing the flag of Quebec, Buck's birth province, is present on his right arm.
- Kills with the Skeleton Key underbarrel, despite being listed as a gadget, do not count towards any gadget challenges in the Weekly Challenge System, only shotgun challenges.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|
- ↑ Buck's In-game BIO (Pre-Patch 3.1.2)
- ↑ Buck's In-game BIO
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Update 2.0 Patch Notes - Black Ice
- ↑ Buck's In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- ↑ Buck's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- ↑ Calibre-Based Destruction: Bullet Holes - Rainbow Six | Siege
- ↑ Best shotgun in Rainbow Six Siege?