The original article was at Colt Canada C7. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Medium to long range assault rifle, takes 5.56mm caliber ammunition."
— In-game description
The C8-SFW is an assault rifle featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It was introduced in the Operation Black Ice expansion pack and is available for use by the Operator Buck. As a weapon exclusive to its Operator, the weapon comes with an irremovable under-barrel shotgun by default.
The Colt Model 725 (or the C8 carbine) is a carbine variant of the C7 assault rifle. It is a carbine assault rifle manufactured by Colt Canada that chambers the 5.56×45mm NATO round. The C8 is functionally identical to the American M4 carbine. The C8-SFW (Special Forces Weapon) variant has a special 400 mm (15.7 inch) barrel that differs from the other variants of the rifle.
In-game, the C8-SFW is, to put simply, a fast and powerful assault rifle with a very challenging recoil. The high vertical recoil makes long range engagements rather difficult, especially compared to other assault rifles, due to its inability to equip a Vertical Grip. In addition, its unpredictable horizontal recoil makes it difficult to compensate even in close-quarter combats. It's advisable to shoot in small bursts or tune to a semi-automatic fire mode if firing at longer ranges.
- High rate of fire.
- Good damage output.
- Inability to equip a Vertical Grip.
- High vertical recoil.
- Unpredictable horizontal recoil.
- Kills with the Skeleton Key underbarrel do not count towards any gadget challenges in the Weekly Challenge System, only shotgun challenges.
- The model used in-game is not actually a C8 carbine but in reality a Colt Model 933.