- "I get it. Everyone’s just doing their best to survive. You shoot at me, though? Then it gets personal."
Vincente Souza grew up in Nova Iguaçu outside of Rio de Janeiro, the youngest of three children. Tenacious and dedicated, Souza joined the Policia Civil after high school. He was quickly recruited by Cooredenadoria de Recursos Especiais (CORE).
During a raid on the Terceiro Comando Puro with CORE, Souza was ambushed as he cleared a house in Senador Camará. Two months later, CORE was able to extract Souza and three other hostages during a rescue operation, however, the damage to Souza's body was done.
There were talks of removing him from the field. In the meantime, CORE was looking for field operatives to test new gear, and Souza saw his chance. His stoicism and unique tactical method then turned him into a local icon.
That's when BOPE made him an offer, seeing in him their unit's spirit, 'victory over death'. Souza could not turn them down; it meant working in the favela where his gear would lessen casualties.
When Souza was ten, his older brother was killed by a member of the Comando Vermelho. After losing his brother, he dedicated his life to protecting Brazil. He can become fixated when innocent lives are at stake. This makes him an excellent operative in conditions where there is a high risk of collateral damage. His experience as a hostage has only strengthened his resolve to protect Brazil from the horrors the drug trade inflicts upon its people.
Transcript dated 11/11. Edited for clarity.
Vincente: I’ve met people like you before. I got sent to a shrink after I lost my eye. You know what he wanted me to do? Visualization exercises. He wanted me to pretend that I still had both my eyes, to imagine the life I had before and “project it into the future.” You know what I said to him? “Cara, imagining I’ve still got both eyes isn’t going to get me back on the field. Can you help me or not?” He sent me to an occupational therapist and I never saw him again. So don’t ask me about how I’ve “adapted” or “grown”, or dig into my past to uncover the “real” impact of my trauma. I’m sick to death of talking about the first and only thing people notice about me.Harry: Then let’s talk about something else.
A Light Armored Operator, Capitão's unique gadget is a Tactical Crossbow that can fire Asphyxiating Bolts, which will burn oxygen within a certain radius, as well as Micro Smoke grenades, that can mask positions and team movements.
- Capitão's Tactical Crossbow features a Red Dot Sight unique to itself and is loaded with Asphyxiating Bolts by default. The user can switch to the alternate ammunition by pressing the firing mode key. Capitão will automatically load the alternate ammunition when one is depleted.
- Capitão has two Asphyxiating Bolts and two Micro Smoke Grenades. Capitão reloads the Crossbow by racking its foregrip, meaning that reloading is much faster than switching ammunition types.
- The Crossbow fires silently.
- Any ammunition fired from the crossbow isn't affected by gravity at ranges less than 10m. Past 10m, the trajectory slowly drops due to gravity.
- Crossbow bolts have no projectile size; they can pass through openings that are as small as a bullet hole.
- A direct impact from a bolt deals 5 damage, but it cannot cause a headshot.
- Asphyxiating Bolts creates a cloud of fire at the area of impact.
- The fire has a maximum radius of around 6 meters.
- The Asphyxiating Bolts take 2 seconds to reach their maximum area of effect, spreading from a small cloud of fire to a large cloud in two increments.
- The spread of the fire is blocked by objects; hiding behind a Deployable Shield can minimize or even prevent damage from a fire in front of the shield.
- The fire deals 12 damage per tick and inflicts three ticks of damage per second (overall DPS ≈ 36).
- The fire lasts around 10 seconds before dissipating.
- The fire always spreads at ground level. If an Asphyxiating Bolt hits the ceiling, it will drop down and spread fire after it hits the ground.
- Despite visual appearances implying otherwise, the Asphyxiating Bolts damages only Operators and the Hostage, not any surrounding gadget caught in its area of effect.
- Micro Smoke Grenades create a smokescreen at the area of impact. They cover a much wider area than a regular Smoke Grenade.
- "Tactical crossbow firing asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades."
— TAC Mk0 Description
Equipped with the Tactical Crossbow TAC Mk0, Capitão fires a glass bolt to deliver a swift and silent assault against hostiles without alerting them to your position. The glass cartridge breaks on impact releasing a gas that ignites the oxygen in the surrounding area. It fires two types of ammunition: asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades. The asphyxiating bolts burn the oxygen in a given perimeter, which is lethal to your target. The micro smoke grenades enable you to mask your movements. Deliver swift and agile assaults without alerting your opponents of your position.
- Capitão, in Portuguese, means "Captain".
- According to one of the pouches on his rig, his blood type is A+.
- Similar to Castle, Capitão has two different character artworks. One is used as the Operator image in-game, and another is only seen when unlocking Capitão.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|