Vincente Souza grew up in Nova Iguaçu outside of Rio de Janeiro, the youngest of three children. Tenacious and dedicated, Souza joined the Policia Civil after high school. He was quickly recruited by Cooredenadoria de Recursos Especiais (CORE).
During a raid on the Terceiro Comando Puro with CORE, Souza was ambushed as he cleared a house in Senador Camará. Two months later, CORE was able to extract Souza and three other hostages during a rescue operation, however, the damage to Souza's body was done.
There were talks of removing him from the field. In the meantime, CORE was looking for field operatives to test new gear, and Souza saw his chance. His stoicism and unique tactical method then turned him into a local icon.
That's when BOPE made him an offer, seeing in him their unit's spirit, 'victory over death'. Souza could not turn them down; it meant working in the favela where his gear would lessen casualties.
When Souza was ten, his older brother was killed by a member of the Comando Vermelho. After losing his brother, he dedicated his life to protecting Brazil. He can become fixated when innocent lives are at stake. This makes him an excellent operative in conditions where there is a high risk for collateral damage. His experience as a hostage has only strengthened his resolve to protect Brazil from the horrors the drug trade inflicts upon its people.
A Light Armored Operator, Capitão's unique gadget is a Tactical Crossbow that can fire Asphyxiating Bolts, which will burn oxygen within a certain radius, as well as Micro Smoke grenades, that can mask positions and team movements.
- Capitão's Tactical Crossbow features a Red Dot Sight unique to itself and is loaded with Asphyxiating Bolts by default. The user can switch to the alternate ammunition by pressing the firing mode key. Capitão will automatically load the alternate ammunition when one is depleted.
- The Crossbow fires silently.
- Crossbow bolts have no projectile size; they can pass through openings that are as small as a bullet hole.
- A direct impact from a bolt deals 5 damage, but it cannot cause a headshot.
- Asphyxiating Bolts creates a cloud of fire at the area of impact. They cover an area big enough to block an entire doorway and deal 15 damage every half-second.
- Despite visual appearances implying otherwise, the Asphyxiating Bolts damages only Operators and the Hostage, not any surrounding gadget caught in its area of effect.
- Micro Smoke Grenades create a smokescreen at the area of impact. They cover a much wider area than regular Smoke Grenades.
- "Tactical crossbow firing asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades."
— TAC Mk0 Description
Equipped with the Tactical Crossbow TAC Mk0, Capitão can fire two types of ammunition: asphyxiating bolts and micro smoke grenades. The asphyxiating bolts burn the oxygen in a given perimeter, which is lethal to your target. The micro smoke grenades enable you to mask your movements. Deliver swift and agile assaults without alerting your opponents of your position.
- Capitão, in Portuguese, means "Captain".
- According to one of the pouches on his rig, his blood type is A+.
- Similar to Castle, Capitão has two different character artworks. One is used as the Operator image in-game, and another is only seen when unlocking Capitão.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|