Born seventh in a family of ten boys, Pereira had to be resourceful in order to get what she wants. Little of her childhood is known apart from the meager pension her mother received after her father died. She was six years old when the Pereira family was forced to move to a poor neighborhood in the outskirts of the São Paulo state.
She only caught the authorities' attention when she was 16, after her mother reported that she had been missing. A year later, Pereira was arrested miles away on robbery charges in Rio de Janeiro. Remaining poised and displaying intellect throughout the process, Pereira impressed the judge in charge of her case. He was lenient towards her age and character, which, he claimed, showed potential for social-educational reform. He gave Pereira the choice between entering a juvenile reformatory (FEBEM) and working with BOPE in Rio de Janeiro.
Sensing protection for her deviant predisposition, Pereira accepted to become a BOPE criminal informant.
Pereira excels at extracting information from suspects. Albeit using controversial methods undermining BOPE protocol, she was a key interrogator during the 2010 Rio de Janeiro Security Crisis. Her brutal behavior on the field suggests she may be suffering from an anti-social personality disorder. However, the results of all the tests conducted were inconclusive.
A Light Armored Operator, Caveira possesses the "Silent Step" skill, which enables her to sneak up on enemies to immobilize them. Once they are down for the count, she can "Interrogate" them to reveal their teammates' location.
Caveira's "ability" is made up of three parts: her Silent Step, her special handgun, the "Luison", and her ability to "Interrogate" downed enemies.
Silent Step, as its name indicates, allows Caveira to move quietly, making it nearly impossible to detect her movements by sound.
- Caveira can use Silent Step for up to 10 seconds. Once depleted or deactivated manually, the ability will recharge. This recharge time is half as long as Silent Step has been used, thus having a maximum of 5 seconds. Caveira can activate Silent Step as long as she has 25% of the bar charged.
- Whilst using Silent Step, Caveira is restricted to her sidearm.
- Switching back to her primary or using her secondary gadgets (her Impact Grenades or Barbed Wire) will automatically deactivate Silent Step. Melee strikes, Interrogating and shooting with her "Lusion" will not.
- Melee Strikes are non-lethal whilst in Silent Step, as Caveira does not use a knife in this phase. Striking the downed enemy again though will kill them, as per usual.
- Caveira's Silent Step has a unique interaction with Jackal's Eyenox.
- While active, any step that Caveira makes does not leave behind any footsteps; any steps she had made before will not disappear. However, even if Jackal has her tracked, having Silent Step turned on just before she is pinged will prevent it from revealing her position.
- While active, Silent Step causes Caveira's vision to have a green tint.
Caveira's "Luison" pistol has several properties which allow Caveira to incapacitate her target discreetly.
- The Luison uses a permanently attached silencer that is more effective than other silencer attachments.
- The gun features an above-average damage rating of 65, together with an extended damage drop-off than other pistols (from 11 to 21 meters), dropping down from 11 meters, down to 13 damage by 35 meters of distance.
- It also guarantees placing Operators into a DBNO state, even if they were shot in the head or the target had been downed before.
- However, shooting a downed Operator again with the handgun will kill them.
- As White Mask AI Terrorists do not go into a DBNO state, the handgun can deal two-shot-kills to normal White Mask Terrorists at close range.
- Magazine and ammo size are similar to any handgun. Magazine size is 12 + 1.
The ability Interrogation allows Caveria to interact with downed enemies and receive the live location of the enemy's allies.
- Using Interrogation causes Caveira to interrogate the downed Attacker and then kill them in five seconds. The Interrogation requires the player to hold down the interaction key. Caveira is vulnerable in this state as she is forced to look down at her target and cannot react unless she stops interacting.
- The Interrogated target cannot move while being interrogated and is forced to look down while in this state.
- Upon successful Interrogation, all currently alive Attackers will have their identity not only compromised but are also tagged for ten seconds, showing their Operator symbol above their head.
- Interrogation awards 50 points for the confirmed kill and 75 points for the interrogation itself.
- Enemies are unable to escape the Interrogation after Caveira begins the process, even if they are revived by abilities such as Finka's Adrenal Surge or Zofia's Withstand.
- An Attacker can stop the Interrogation by killing either Caveira or the victim. However, having the victim quit the match (causing their bodies to disappear) will not prevent an ongoing Interrogation, and the effects will still apply.
- From the Attacker's point of view, their DBNO bleed out timer disappears alongside being pinned down when being interrogated.
- Valkyrie can help Caveira by landing one of her Black Eye cameras in a location that Caveira can use advantageously for a flanking maneuver.
- Caveira works well with any operator whose gadgets guarantees downing their victims.
- Ela's Grzmot mine works well with other roamers, as it helps make combating incoming attackers easier.
- Jackal will track Caveira if her Silent Step is not timed well enough with his Eyenox scans.
- Dokkaebi's Logic Bomb will cause Caveira's phone to ring, revealing her position.
- Lion can detect Caveira with his EE-ONE-D drone, regardless if she was moving with her Silent Step activated or not.
- Gridlock's Trax Stingers can cut off Caveira's flanking routes, forcing her to choose another route of travel or to reveal her position by destroying the spiked patches.
- "Caveira's predatory stealth, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible, until it's too late."
— Silent Step Description
Caveira’s predatory stealth technique, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible until it’s too late. Caveira’s ability allows her to sneak on her target, swiftly immobilize them and force them to divulge the position of the opposing team (the interrogation mode). She is also equipped with the "Luison", a unique PRB92 with a custom suppressor and subsonic ammunition. Do not simply neutralize your opponent; make sure that no one gets away.
- Caveira means "Skull" in Portuguese.
- Luison is the name of a monstrous creature from Guaraní mythology.
- Her blood type is stated to be A+ on her rig. Prior to Operation Burnt Horizon, her blood type was O+.
- When an enemy is killed during interrogation, Caveira will pick up the radio and say one of the "after interrogation voice lines". However, this triggers no animation and will still play if Caveira walks away from the dead body. The voice line is heard by Caveira and the entirety of the enemy team.
- Caveira's Rock Star headgear is based on the face paints of the band Kiss.
- Caveira plays a key role in Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands: Operation Archangel, alongside Twitch and Valkyrie. In this Special Operation, Caveira went AWOL when she discovered that one of her brothers, Joao Pereira (aka Dengoso), suddenly disappeared while he was undercover within the Santa Blanca cartel. The Operation also implied that she has some kind of a relationship with Twitch, but to what extent is currently unknown.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|