- "Not every child gets to choose who they grow up to be."
- 1 Biography
- 2 Gameplay Description
- 3 Strategies
- 4 Loadout
- 5 Quotes
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Gallery
- 8 Patch Changes
- 9 References
Taina was born seventh in a family of ten boys on October 15th, 1989 in the small town Rinópolis within São Paulo. Her father had died before she was born and her mother only received a small pension for his death. She was six years old when the Pereira family was forced to move to a poor neighborhood in Rio de Janeiro.
Stricken by poverty, Taina and her brothers grew to be strong and independent for the sake of their mother. Their grandmother helped their often exhausted mother with discipline. She had the uncanny ability to see through any of their lies. Taina looked up to her grandmother and was inspired to learn about the art of interrogation. At some point, Taina was gifted her first knife by her grandmother.
Taina caught the authorities' attention when she was 16 after her mother reported that she had gone missing. A year later, Pereira was arrested miles away on robbery charges. Remaining poised and displaying intellect throughout the process, Pereira impressed the judge in charge of her case. He was lenient towards her age and character, which, he claimed, showed potential for social-educational reform. He gave Pereira the choice between entering a juvenile reformatory (FEBEM) and working with the Policia Militar's BOPE as an informant.
Sensing protection for her deviant predisposition, Pereira accepted the latter. Years of undercover operations within Brazil's notorious gangs made her a master of interrogation techniques and surveillance. Once her mandatory service had ended, she could not see herself in another profession and reenlisted. Pereira was frequently called upon to conduct training exercises within the force. It was Pereira's role as a key interrogator during the 2010 Rio de Janeiro security crisis that caught the attention of Rainbow, despite the fact that she undermined BOPE protocol. Pereira formally accepted an invitation to join Rainbow in 2016.
In 2019, her younger brother, João "Dengoso" Pereira, was sent undercover at the Santa Blanca Drug Cartel and subsequently disappeared. Worried, Pereira went AWOL to Bolivia in order to find her brother. This action led to Emmanuelle "Twitch" Pichon and Meghan "Valkyrie" Castellano to collaborate with Ghost Recon to conduct Operation Archangel in order to recover Pereira. While the mission was a success, it caused tensions to rise between her and Valkyrie.
The continued global threat of terrorism led Harry Pandey to conceive The Program. Following the construction of the Stadium, Harry threw the first annual Tournament of Champions to serve as the ultimate test for Rainbow Operators. Pereira and her team qualified for the final match, however, she was eliminated by Grace "Dokkaebi" Nam with a shot to the head and her team subsequently lost. Pereira later told Harry in an interview that while she was disappointed by the loss, she would definitely be returning next year to compete.
Pereira excels at extracting information from suspects. Albeit using controversial methods, her skills in confined environment tactics, extraction, and extreme risk situations are exemplary. Multiple reports note that she is considered a dangerous, free-roaming operator. Her brutal behavior on the field suggests she may be suffering from an anti-social personality disorder. However, the results of all the tests conducted were inconclusive. Outside her professional life, she is known to enjoy learning different languages and fighting in unofficial Jiu Jitsu tournaments.
It's too obvious to describe Specialist Taina "Caveira" Pereira as fearless and intelligent when a slew of reports describe how daring she is on operations; how she isn't one to ruminate before she reacts; that she's about getting the job done. And while her successes haven't gone unnoticed, she's been denied commendations due to her rebellious nature. With all that, on our first meeting I was expecting – who was I expecting?
Starting her military career as an informant tells me she's a survivor. In that context, it made more sense to ask why she continued once her mandatory sentence had ended. She told me it went from being a way out to being a way of life. She's still defiant, up against the system. But it's also clear, even as she teases others about their "superhero sense of justice," that she takes her role seriously.
Pereira is often criticized for being blunt by those who don't understand large family dynamics – particularly with so many brothers. Though very close with her siblings, Pereira had to fight to be heard or even noticed. It's understandable that she treasures privacy, and exudes great satisfaction with having her own way. At the same time, her family dynamics made her comfortable with noise and spontaneity, and she understands the subtleties of group dynamics far better than others her age. It's one of the reasons she's so skilled with interrogation. I do hate to imagine how the streets may have sharpened that skill, though.
Pereira has made it clear we won't be discussing her private life. By the way she played with her necklace, I think she was protecting someone close rather than slighting me.
So, who was I expecting when I met Specialist Pereira? She isn't someone who can be anticipated or predicted. That's not an ominous warning. Quite the opposite. I have utmost faith in her abilities, in her poise and inner focus. Where others see rebellion, I see resourcefulness. Pereira is full of surprises, but it's my opinion we can trust her to do the right thing.
A Light Armored Operator, Caveira possesses the "Silent Step" skill, which enables her to sneak up on enemies to immobilize them. Once they are down for the count, she can "Interrogate" them to reveal their teammates' locations.
Caveira's "ability" is made up of three parts: her Silent Step, her special handgun, the "Luison", and her ability to "Interrogate" downed enemies.
Silent Step, as its name indicates, allows Caveira to move quietly, making it nearly impossible to detect her movements by sound.
- The Silent Step ability runs on a charge system; it has infinite uses but limited duration and charge. It can be manually deactivated while active.
- Silent Step can be active continously for up to 10 seconds.
- Silent Step recharges when it is deactivated. The recharge rate is twice as fast as the depletion rate, so the maximum recharge time is 5 seconds.
- Caveira can activate Silent Step as long as it is at least 25% charged.
- While Silent Step is active, Caveira gains the following attributes:
- Caveira's movement sounds are greatly reduced.
- Caveira is restricted to using her sidearm.
- Caveira's vision is tinted green.
- Caveira adopts a hunched stance in third person.
- Caveira's melee attacks on non-downed enemies will guarantee a down; melee attacking downed enemy will still kill as usual.
- Caveira does not leave behind any footsteps that Jackal can see and track using his Eyenox.
- Caveira still leaves behind footprints as normal when Silent Step is not active, and activating Silent Step does not erase any of Caveira's footsteps.
- Caveira's location is not pinged if Jackal tracks Caveira with the Eyenox. If Silent Step deactivates, Caveira can still be pinged.
- Silent Step is automatically deactivated if Caveira switches back to her primary or uses her secondary gadgets. Melee strikes, Interrogating and firing her sidearm will not.
Caveira's "Luison" pistol has several properties that allow Caveira to incapacitate her target discreetly.
- The Luison uses a permanently attached silencer that is more effective than other silencer attachments.
- The gun features an above-average damage rating of 65, together with an extended damage drop-off than other pistols (from 11 to 21 meters), dropping down from 11 meters, down to 13 damage by 35 meters of distance.
- It also guarantees to place Operators into a DBNO state, even if they were shot in the head or the target had been downed before.
- However, shooting a downed Operator again with the handgun will kill them.
- As White Mask AI Terrorists do not go into a DBNO state, the handgun can deal two-shot-kills to normal White Mask Terrorists at close range.
- Magazine and ammo size are similar to any handgun. Magazine size is 12 + 1.
The ability Interrogation allows Caveria to interact with downed attackers and receive the live location of the enemy's allies.
- Using Interrogation causes Caveira to interrogate the downed Attacker and then kill them in five seconds. The Interrogation requires the player to hold down the interaction key. Caveira is vulnerable in this state as she is forced to look down at her target and cannot react unless she stops interacting.
- The Interrogated target cannot move while being interrogated and is forced to look down while in this state.
- Upon successful Interrogation, all currently alive Attackers will have their identity not only compromised but are also tagged for ten seconds, showing their Operator symbol above their head.
- Interrogation awards 50 points for the confirmed kill and 75 points for the interrogation itself.
- Attackers are unable to escape the Interrogation after Caveira begins the process, even if they are revived by abilities such as Finka's Adrenal Surge or Zofia's Withstand.
- An Attacker can stop the Interrogation by killing either Caveira or the victim. However, having the victim quit the match (causing their bodies to disappear) will not prevent an ongoing Interrogation, and the effects will still apply.
- From the Attacker's point of view, their DBNO bleed out timer disappears alongside being pinned down when being interrogated.
- Caviera cannot perform Interrogations on White Mask Terrorists since they do not have a DBNO state.
- Valkyrie can help Caveira by landing one of her Black Eye cameras in a location that Caveira can use advantageously for a flanking maneuver.
- Caveira works well with any operator whose gadgets guarantee downing their victims.
- Ela's Grzmot mine works well with other roamers, as it helps make combating incoming attackers easier.
- Jackal will track Caveira if her Silent Step is not timed well enough with his Eyenox scans.
- Dokkaebi's Logic Bomb will cause Caveira's phone to ring, revealing her position.
- Lion can detect Caveira with his EE-ONE-D drone, regardless if she was moving with her Silent Step activated or not.
- Gridlock's Trax Stingers can cut off Caveira's flanking routes, forcing her to choose another route of travel or to reveal her position by destroying the spiked patches.
- The victim of hers can crawl under a table to prevent interrogation.
- "Caveira's predatory stealth, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible, until it's too late."
— Silent Step Description
Caveira’s predatory stealth technique, the "Silent Step", allows her to lurk on her prey, almost inaudible until it’s too late. Caveira’s ability allows her to sneak on her target, swiftly immobilize them and force them to divulge the position of the opposing team (the interrogation mode). She is also equipped with the "Luison", a unique PRB92 with a custom suppressor and subsonic ammunition. Do not simply neutralize your opponent; make sure that no one gets away.
Ability: Silent Step
Operator: Specialist Taina "Caveira" Pereira
Evaluation Lead: Specialist [REDACTED] “Nøkk" [REDACTED]
Of all the operators I've met so far, none impress me so much as Specialist Taina "Caveira" Pereira. I've spent my life learning how to move and stalk animals, but even I can't hear Caveira when she's on the prowl. Her tricks are simple, straight forward. She plots her path instantly, her stride heel to toe and low to the ground. Her combat boots are specially made and fitted in a way that lets her shift her weight around. All that together would make for a quiet operator, but what makes her silent is talent and survival. Few hunters experience fear and danger the way she has, and I suspect it's what allows her to be so quick and so quiet.
You wanted me to learn from her? Fine, do you have a lifetime to spare?
- - Nøkk
- Caveira means "Skull" in Portuguese.
- The Luison's namesake (also called Luisõ or Lobison) is a monstrous creature in Guaraní mythology. The Guaraní are a cultural group located in South-Central America, including Brazil. It's a dog or werewolf-like creature said to have a similar function to the Grim Reaper.
- Her blood type is stated to be A+ on her rig. Prior to Operation Burnt Horizon, her blood type was O+.
- When an enemy is killed during interrogation, Caveira will pick up the radio and say one of the "after interrogation voice lines". However, this triggers no animation and will still play if Caveira walks away from the dead body. The voice line is heard by Caveira and the entirety of the enemy team.
- Caveira's Rock Star headgear is based on the face paints of the band [[[wikipedia:Kiss (Band)|Kiss]].
- The Operation Archangel implied that she has some kind of a relationship with Twitch, but to what extent is currently unknown.
- Despite her psychological profile claiming her methods are less than encouraged according to BOPE standards, according to Alexander Karpazis in a recent WIRED interview, Caveira's act of putting the knife to her victim's throat is actually a "toned down" version of BOPE interrogation tactics, and cited things such as placing a bucket over someone's head and beating on it. The only controversial part about it (at least, by BOPE standards) would appear to be that she kills the victim afterwards.
- Caveira and Ash love hunting each other.
- Caveira's grandmother taught her how to interrogate.
- In reality, Caveira would not be eligible to join the BOPE. Police officers in Brazil can not have criminal records. Additionally, BOPE applicants are required to have at least two years of service on any police/army forces in order to enroll in the required 22 week training course to became a BOPE applicant.
- Update 4.0 Patch Notes - Skull Rain
- Caveira's In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- Caveira's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- CAVEIRA ‘MATA-LEÃO’ : REVELATION |https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/game/rainbow-six/siege/news-updates/3NICpTz1r2NHDtkbdgHnjw/caveira-mata-leo-:-revelation