The original article was at Colt 9mm SMG. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "AR Commando platform customized to 9mm."
— In-game description
The Colt 9mm SMG is an M16-based submachine gun firing 9mm rounds. Unlike the M16, it uses a simple blowback operation. The magazines themselves are a copy of the Israeli Uzi SMG magazine, modified to fit the Colt and lock the bolt back after the last shot.
In game, the Commando 9 is designated as an assault rifle, despite its SMG-like damage drop-off and ADS time identical to that of the SMG class. It functions similarly to the K1A, but with a smaller magazine capacity and a higher fire rate. The high damage output, decent rate of fire and low recoil makes it a highly lethal weapon.
The weapon also comes with a unique reload animation of catching the magazine during a Tactical Reload; when there is still ammo left in the magazine.
- High damage output
- Low recoil
- Quick reload time
- Quick ADS time compared to other Assault Rifles
- Mild damage dropoff
- Low magazine capacity
- The weapon is labeled as an assault rifle in-game despite being a submachine gun in real life.
- The specific Colt 9mm SMG that the Commando 9 is based off of is the R0991 model.
- This variant does not have a 3-round burst option. Only semi and fully-automatic capabilities.
- The R0639 variant of the Colt SMG does have 3-round burst, but no full-auto; no Colt SMG exists that possesses all three firing modes.