The original article was at Colt 9mm SMG. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "AR Commando platform customized to 9mm."
— In-game description
The Colt 9mm SMG is an M16-based submachine gun firing 9mm rounds. Unlike the M16, it uses a Simple blowback operation. The magazines themselves are a copy of the Israeli Uzi SMG magazine, modified to fit the Colt and lock the bolt back after the last shot.
It is designated in-game as an assault rifle, despite its SMG-like damage drop-off. It functions similarly to the K1A. The weapon comes with a special reload animation of catching the magazine.
- The weapon is labeled as an assault rifle in-game despite being a submachine gun in real life.
- The specific Colt 9mm SMG that the Commando 9 is based off of is the R0991 model.
- This variant does not have a 3-round burst option. Only semi and fully-automatic capabilities.
- The R0639 variant of the Colt SMG does have 3-round burst, but no full-auto; no Colt SMG exists that possesses all three firing modes.