- "Your phone is ringing. Here, let me get that for you."
— Dokkaebi Operator Video
Grace Nam (Hangeul: 남은혜, Nam Eun Hye), codenamed Dokkaebi, is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation White Noise expansion alongside Zofia and Vigil.
Grace, named for the incomparable actress Grace Kelly, always broke expectations, even when it meant she stuck out somehow. She scavenged or bought spare components to build her own computers. She played soccer with the neighborhood boys and got into fights with them, but it was her sharp tongue that landed her in trouble with her teachers. She looked and acted like a troublemaker, so they tried to force her to conform to expectations. To survive, Grace learned to soften her image, to better play with and manipulate preconceptions; she bought fake glasses and adopted the geek girl persona.
Grace's skills earned a National Scholarship at KAIST (Korean Advanced Institute of Science and Technology), but after graduating decided to join the Army. Her athleticism and daring paid off, and she was assigned to the ROK Army Special Warfare Command before earning a spot in the 9th Special Forces Brigade known as the Ghosts. Despite her unorthodox behavior within the highly disciplined ROK army, she gained notice for her exemplary tech skills and for being highly adaptable to situations. After Grace participated in joint training with Detachment K Green Berets, the American instructors encouraged her to try out with the 707th Special Mission Battalion: White Tigers.
The White Tigers were a better fit for her skills, but Grace inadvertently butted heads with Major General Kuh, an old guard soldier with political ties all the way up to the Blue House, who followed orders to the letter and expected unflinching loyalty from his subordinates. Kuh made life difficult for Grace, preventing her from exploiting her full potential.
Grace heard about Rainbow during training exercises with the SAS, and it sounded like the opportunity she had been seeking... the chance to contribute through her strengths. She knew that Major General Kuh would never put her on the list, so she did what she always did and thought outside of the box.
Now Dokkaebi is a member of Rainbow much to the surprise of Major General Kuh, who is not happy about it. He wants her drummed out of the White Tigers, but Dokkaebi could not be happier. She is among men and women who reward asymmetrical thinking even though she knows she now has a target on her back. More so, she is sure the other ROK operator, Chul Kyung Hwa, is spying on her. She needs to work twice as hard, but Grace feels twice as motivated now.
Grace plays with expectation because she wants people to underestimate her, but it is different with Rainbow. Before she knew how to control the situation and was never afraid of failure until the stakes became this critical. Rainbow Six was her most daring stunt and she knows she's alienated herself from the Korean military; any slip up and this point will see her drummed out of the military entirely, and this has added pressure to perform, improve, and succeed.
A Medium Armored Operator, Dokkaebi comes equipped with her Ballistic Armor Military Laptop, Logic Bomb. This device can upload a virus into the Defenders' phones and cause them to ring incessantly until they reset it manually. If a Defender is killed and Dokkaebi is with the Attackers, she can hack these phones to gain access to their CCTV feeds.
- Activating Dokkaebi's Logic Bomb reveals the Defenders' positions through their phone with audibility.
- The ability takes around 3 seconds to activate.
- Affected phones will emit a large buzzing sound. Defenders can either choose to let the buzzing keep going or take around 3 seconds to turn it off.
- Due to phones becoming inaccessible, access to Surveillance Cameras will be hampered while the Logic Bomb is in effect.
- This can only be performed twice per round.
- Phones will drop from Defenders when Dokkaebi is on the Attacking team. Dokkaebi is able to hack these phones by interacting with them in order to grant access to the CCTV, including Valkyrie's Black Eyes, Maestro 's Evil Eye and Bulletproof Cameras to the Attackers.
- Attackers are not able to turn Maestro's Evil Eye
- The hacking process takes around 5 seconds to complete.
- The phones are destructible, meaning that Defenders can manually destroy them to prevent Dokkaebi from hacking into them.
- Explosives will not destroy the phone along with the Defender. They will drop as normal.
- When hacked into Maestro's Evil Eyes, attackers can only view, but unable to turn or use them
- IQ is able to detect phones through walls while defenders are trying to turn them off.
- Jackal can aid in tracking down Defenders, isolate them to get their phones.
- Using the Logic Bomb just right after Lion's EE-ONE-D will stop scanning or vice versa may stop Defenders from any moving for at least 10 seconds. However, it is not recommended to use these gadgets at the same time.
- Dokkaebi is vulnerable to enemy fire whilst she is using her Logic Bomb, meaning if she dies before her hacking is completed, it will be prevented.
- Echo is immune to her hacking due to their history of collaboration that has made him familiar with her Logic Bomb.
- Echo does not carry a phone on him, using the device on his wrist that he uses for his Yokai.
- His Yokai drones are also unaffected by her CCTV hack.
- Mute's Signal Disruptor will render all Defenders in its proximity immune to the Logic Bomb when the hacking is initiated. It will also automatically disconnect the call if an affected Defender comes within range of a Signal Disruptor afterwards.
- The phones dropped by Defenders can be destroyed by gunfire or explosives. Bandit's Shock Wire will also destroy these phones.
- Vigil is not immune to the initial hacking of his phone, but he's able to remove himself from any hacked camera feed with his ERC-7.
Logic Bomb x 2
- "Uploads a virus that forces enemy devices to emit a loud noise, thereby compromising their position."
— In-game description
Grace utilizes the Ballistic Armor Military Laptop, codenamed Logic Bomb, which she uses to hack enemy PDA tactical devices. The program downloads a virus of her making that can bypass firewalls, turning surrounding devices on and emitting a loud noise to compromise an enemy’s position. The program is short and self-erasing to prevent anyone from unraveling her code and building software to counter Logic Bomb.
- Dokkaebi (Hangeul: 도깨비) are supernatural creatures from Korean folklore, which use their powers to interact with humans, either by playing tricks on them or helping them.
- Her Korean name, "은혜" (Romaja: Eun Hye) is a literal translation of "Grace", and "남" (Romaja: Nam), which means "South" in Korean, is a common last name in South Korea.
- Dokkaebi uses her tablet instead of a PDA to view drone feeds.
- When she hacks the defenders' camera feed, Defenders will see the phrase "까불지 마" (Romaja: Kkabulji ma) displayed in their feed alongside her icon, which roughly translates as "Don't mess with me."
- Dokkaebi distrusts fellow 707th SMB Operator Chul Kyung "Vigil" Hwa. While she believes Vigil was sent to monitor her to spare South Korea from embarrassment, he on the other hand simply wants to make sure he has nothing negative to report from her that threatens her place in Rainbow, knowing fully well that she has made enemies in the ROK military that wish to see her gone.
- Dokkaebi is on friendly terms with SAT Operator Masaru "Echo" Enatsu. Despite this, the two often get competitive when it comes to outdoing each other in the workshop.
- In the cinematic "The Hammer and the Scalpel" she is counseled by Harry, the new Six.
- The ringing sound effects of the phones are taken directly from Watch Dogs. It is the same sound Aiden Pearce's phone makes.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Update 2.4.0 Patch Notes - White Noise
- ↑ Dokkaebi's In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- ↑ Dokkaebi's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- ↑ Reddit: Here's what Dokkaebi's Tablet and hacked Cameras say!
- ↑ Reddit: Clarifying that Dokkaebi's hack screen doesn't translate to what most people think
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Dokkaebi's In-game BIO > NOTES section
- ↑ Vigil's In-game BIO > NOTES section
- ↑ YouTube: The Hammer and the Scalpel
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|