- "It's a brutal, dangerous world out there, but I've found my way. Chaos is my home, and I'll make sure you never escape it."
— Ela Operator Video
Ela will also be an Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Quarantine.
Elżbieta Bosak was born on November 8, 1985 in Wrocław, Poland. She is the youngest daughter of Jan Bosak, former commander of the Polish Special Forces unit GROM. She is also the younger sister of Zofia Bosak. Growing up, her father favored Zofia, causing a rift between them. Despite this, Zofia was highly protective of her sister.
Ela attended her father's military school along with her sister. Experiencing some difficulties while attending a military high school, Ela left Poland behind after graduation. In Berlin, she studied Fine Arts, but her interest started to fade as the appeal of her old life slowly caught up with her. During her stay there, she made the acquaintance of the owner of a small private military company, who made her a job offer. Craving the adventure and financial independence, Ela accepted.
Working as a PMC in Iraq, Ela gained a reputation. Known to possess an impressive range of abilities, her attitude was the only obstacle standing in her way. While she was seen as a prized addition to any squad, her employers monitored her closely to investigate reports of authority issues. Four years into her deployment, she received the first news from home, which stated that her father had taken his own life.
A few months after her father's death, Ela terminated her contract and started training to pass the GROM selection as a civilian. Impressed by her determination and prowess on the field, the GROM saw in her a rare opportunity. Amidst the Polish Forces, she developed an expertise in Countering Threat Networks (CTN) and helped design advanced Exploitation methods to extract intel on a target's intentions and supply routes.
One of her most well-known ventures is Operation Orange Sky. Joined by Valkyrie, SEAL's intel expert, Ela spent months infiltrating a warlord's inner circle before dismantling his network without harming a single civilian.
Independent, creative, and rebellious, Elżbieta is intimate with the risks involved with her particular role, having suffered many losses in Iraq. The sudden death of her father provided her with a profound need for purpose. Elżbieta internalized the belief that she must prove posthumously her worth to her father and make amends. She uses her memory of him to push herself to unrealistic standards and to lead high-risk operations.
A Light Armored Operator, Ela comes equipped with three Grzmot Mines; concussive mines that disorient any who come within range. She also keeps a fourth one in reserve to use only when she is in a downed state.
- Ela's Grzmot Mines can be thrown and stick to any surface, whether if it be walls, ceilings, and floors.
- Although in-game, the "sticky bag" on the Mines puffs up over time, this is only a visual effect; there is no need to wait for it before tossing the Mine onto the desired surface.
- After sticking to a surface, Grzmot Mines take around a second to arm itself, after which it can detonate if it is triggered.
- Grzmot Mines are triggered when an enemy enters its proximity (radius ~4 meters). The Grzmot Mines instantly explode once triggered, concussing anyone (including teammates) within its blast radius and canceling their current actions (excluding the action of pulling the needle from Lesion's Gu mines).
- The blast radius on the mines (~6 meters) is slightly larger than their proximity radius (~4 meters).
- The concussion effects are follows:
- Temporary blindness and screen shake immediately after the explosion.
- Hearing disrupted.
- Vision disrupted; the player's view will be tinted green, the peripheral vision is blacked out, the player will see double vision, and the player will also see white floating dots.
- Inability to sprint.
- Greatly reduced turning speed.
- The concussion effect lasts around 6 seconds.
- The trigger for the Grzmot Mines require line of sight in addition to proximity. If an enemy is in proximity but not in line of sight with the mine (e.g. the mine being on one side of a wall while the enemy is on the other side), the mine will not detonate.
- Being stunned by both Echo's Yokai Drone and the Grzmot Mine will not have coupled up effectiveness, as the newer stun effect will overwrite the old one.
- Ela's fourth reserve Grzmot mine is not thrown, and is instead detonated directly on herself when activated.
- Trained and familiar with concussion effects, Ela recovers twice as fast than other Operators.
- Rook can help increase Ela's chances of entering DBNO with his Armor Plates, therefore increasing her chances of detonating her reserve Grzmot Mine.
- Echo's Yokai Drone will not work at the same time with Ela's Grzmot Mines. However, they can be used in tandem to cause a chain of disorientation upon one enemy or a clump of enemies with some coordination.
- Due to her gadgets being electronic, the Grzmot mines are susceptible to the same disadvantages of other electronic devices.
- IQ can quickly find Ela's Grzmot Mines thanks to her Electronics Detector. Because her scanner has a larger radius than their proximity, they can be shot at from a safer distance.
- Thatcher can easily take out one or more Grzmot Mine with his EMP grenades.
- Twitch can scout and take out the Grzmot Mines from a safe distance, allowing them to be destroyed before anyone can be affected.
- If Finka activates her Adrenal Surge while she or her teammates are affected by the Grzmot, the duration of being concussed by a Grzmot Mine is greatly reduced. This also works when a Grzmot is activated during the duration of the Surge, even if the Surge ends before the effects of the Grzmot does. The rate at which a Surged player recovers from a Grzmot is the same rate at which Ela or Zofia recovers normally.
- Zofia shares her sister's ability to recover twice as fast from a concussion effect, so she can quickly shake off the disorientation effect just as fast.
- Coupled with Finka's Adrenal Surge, the recovery time for Zofia is reduced even further, effectively down to around a second.
- "Concussion proximity mines that can be anchored on surfaces, impairing hearing and causing a dizzying effect."
— Grzmot Mine Description
Inspired by the 1939 anti-tank Polish grenades used by the iconic Cichociemny during WWII, the sticky Grzmot mines can be anchored on surfaces, impairing hearing and causing a dizzying effect. These concussion mines are triggered upon proximity, affecting anyone within its radius.
This non-lethal explosive was specifically adapted to Ela, who is known to isolate targets from the local population to sabotage IED operations.True to her iconic defiant nature, Ela has a signature move when severely injured: the ability to trigger one last concussion mine.
- A "Tempest" is a violent, windy storm. Reflecting Ela as a character, like a tempest, she's a tumultuous individual, known for her rebellious, independent nature.
- Grzmot means "Thunder" in Polish.
- Killing Zofia when playing as Ela will award the "Sister Rivalry" bonus, adding 10 points to your score.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|