Tsang grew up in Vancouver, British Columbia. When she turned eighteen, Tsang enlisted with the Royal Canadian Air Force (RCAF) and was sent to the Royal Military College of Canada (RMC) as an Officer Cadet. After completing a bachelor's degree in Science and Mechanical Engineering, she completed her officer training and was stationed at CFB Comox with the Joint Coordination Centre Victoria (JRCC Victoria). She was later invited to join Joint Task Force 2.
Tsang is an extremely focused individual who meticulously plans out every move she makes. When she sets her eyes on a goal, there is little that can stop her. Tsang is patient and never takes shortcuts.
A Medium Armored Operator, Frost comes equipped with three Sterling MK2 LHTs, nicknamed "Welcome Mats." The Welcome Mats are mechanical traps that can be used to incapacitate enemies.
- Welcome Mats will immediately put any Attacker stepping on them into a DBNO state.
- A trapped attacker cannot move or slow down the bleed rate. Attempting to move will only cause the Attacker to thrash around.
- An Attacker caught in the Trap can only be rescued via manual revive, which will destroy the Welcome Mat.
- Unless an Attacker is the last one alive, the Welcome Mat can only put them in a DBNO state, even if that Operator has already been downed before.
- If an Attacker was already incapacitated when they trigger the Welcome Mat, they will be killed instantly, unless that previous DBNO was caused by a Welcome Mat.
- If one Attacker happens to come across all three Welcome Mats in one game, they will be downed every single time.
- The Welcome Mat is fairly durable, being able to take a few gunshots (3-5) before being destroyed.
- Melee will destroy them in one hit, but is not an advisable approach to destroy them given the nature of this gadget.
- Being so durable, if it was damaged even a little bit, it can be picked up and when placed back on the ground and will have its "health pool" reset.
- The Welcome Mat can be placed in most places on the floor, be it under a window or on the other side of a table, or even against the wall. Some tight spaces may or may not allow the Mat to be placed.
- In Terrorist Hunt, AI Terrorists that step into a Welcome Mat will be instantly killed.
- Any Operator that has Barbed Wire, which includes Frost herself, can use the wire to conceal Welcome Mats and make it harder for Attacking Operators to notice.
- Frost works well with Bandit and Kaid, as the Welcome Mat is a mechanical gadget, meaning it cannot be destroyed nor affected by any electrified gadget. If an electrified set of Barbed Wire is placed on top of a Mat, any caught Attackers will die quickly.
- Smoke also works well with Frost, as Attackers can easily get caught in a well placed Welcome Mat as they attempt to push through Smoke's gas, eventually succumbing to its toxic effects while they are downed from the trap.
- Lesion is another Defender with a similar playstyle and gadget. If he is able to place his Gu Mine the right distance away from the trap, an incoming Attacker will get caught in the trap, with their leg triggering the Gu Mine, leading to a quick death.
- However, if the Gu Mine is activated first, the Welcome Mat will cancel out the poison will not take effect.
- As Frost’s Welcome Mat places enemies in a downed state, Caveira will be able to interrogate them.
- Explosives can very easily destroy a Welcome Mat that's within their blast radius.
- If swinging in from a window or vaulting over a Deployable Shield, an Attacker can quickly shoot a Welcome Mat with enough bullets to destroy it, preventing themselves from being trapped.
Welcome Mat x 3
- "Uses a mechanical trap to incapacitate enemies."
— Sterling MK2 LHT Description
Equipped with a floor mounted, rubber and metallic spring loaded leg-hold trap, Tina Lin Tsang uses a non-lethal means of immobilizing her prey. The sleek design of the “Welcome Mat” allows for seamless deployment without extensive camouflage. A completely mechanical device that is undetectable by electronic scanners.
- Her blood type is B+ as seen on one of the pouches on her rig.
- Before Update 3.0, there was a bug that when she was placing her Welcome Mat, she sounded like Buck.
- On Frost's default headgear, the Under Armor logo can be seen.
- One of Frost's pockets is marked with the Chinese character "霜", which translates directly to "Frost".
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|