- "Do you know what an artist and a sniper have in common? Details. Like when a touch of color is out of place. When a shadow does not match with its surroundings. Or when a shape is not where it is supposed to be. The only difference is the stakes. Mine are higher."
Timur "Glaz" Glazkov (Russian: Тимур Глазков) is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Glazkov was born and raised in Vladivostok, Russia where his father worked in the shipping industry. Glazkov studied art in secondary school, until the Beslan school hostage crisis inspired him to transfer to the Cadet Corps and pursue a career in the armed forces.
While Timur doesn't thrive in large groups, he is engaging and expressive in one-on-one conversations. He has a patient temperament and can be very introspective. His background as an artist, his curiosity, and attention to detail has trained him to be mindful and precise. This trait makes Timur an excellent spotter and sniper.
A Medium Armored Operator, Glaz's unique gadget is an HDS Flip Sight for his OTs-03 marksman rifle. Whilst Aiming Down Sights with it, it also comes with a Thermal Feedback System which can outline long-range marks even through smoke for easier shooting.
- Glaz can use his Flip Sight to transform his OTs-03 into a deadly long-range rifle. You can use it to support your team from outside of the enemy occupied rooms, by shooting at enemies through windows.
- Glaz's Flip Sight has a Thermal Feedback System, highlighting any enemy players in sight, even through smoke. Glaz can use smoke grenades to create a screen and target enemies through it with ease.
- Having other teammates breach walls or windows for Glaz is a great way to give the player better line of sight to enemies.
- He is the only Operator capable of destroying the otherwise bulletproof windows on the Presidential Plane.
- Glaz's OTs-03 is able to penetrate 2 surfaces at once. This allows his rifle to pierce through non-reinforced surfaces with ease.
- Glaz can quickly destroy unreinforced hatches by firing 2-3 shots at them.
- Glaz works well with any Attacker that comes equipped with a Smoke Grenade in their arsenal, allowing a wider range of coverage for Glaz to work with.
- Capitão works especially well with Glaz because his Micro Smoke Grenades cover a much larger area than normal Smoke Grenades.
- "Toggles a magnification sight with sophisticated image sensors outlining long range marks, even through smoke."
— HDS Flip Sight Description
The HDS Flip Sight was developed by the Spetsnaz for Russian snipers to use in tactical situations where the range of targets may vary greatly in a short amount of time.
- Glaz is a skilled painter. His artworks are expressive and colorful which starkly contrasts his military life.
- Glaz (Russian: Глаз) means "eye" in Russian, this coincides with his stealth and marksmanship.
- Glaz's first name, Timur, is a Turkic and Mongolian name meaning "Iron". Combined with the Russian surname Glazkov, or "Eye of", it would combine into a rough English translation, "Eye of Iron."
- As seen in his Operator video, Glaz has a scar on his right eye. However, this does not appear to affect his vision in any way.
- Glaz's headgear consists of a Russian "Chechenka" hat, either a "Kosynka" or a "Multi-wrap" over his face, and a form of active hearing protection similar to MSA Sordins, or Peltor ComTacs.
- Glaz's military apparel consists of a Gorka 4 in SS-Autumn pattern, alongside an SSO/SPOSN Avizent Smersh SVD with a Stetchkin mag pouch attached to it.
- Glaz's birthday, July 2nd, is also Vladivostok's City Day, the foundation day of Glaz's birthplace.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|
|Jaeger Corps PS|