Golden Gun is a limited-time gamemode introduced to Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege in the Operation Void Edge expansion. Playable in the Arcade playlist, the mode is available periodically for a span of four days.
The mode is a variant of Secure Area. The gamemode does not have a planning phase as the Attackers already know the whereabouts of the objective. Each player only has access to a D-50 adorned with the golden Extravagance weapon skin. The weapon is a one-hit kill to all players but will need to be reloaded after every shot. Knifing is possible which can make up a missed shot or close combat. Rounds are won once all players on the opposing team have been eliminated or the area is secured.
The mode is available several times throughout the year for a span of four days once activated.
- October 1, 2020 - October 5, 2020
- April 22, 2021 - April 26, 2021
- November 12, 2021 - November 16, 2021
Only 38 of the 57 Operators are available for use due to balancing. All 38 available Operators are unlocked for use by all players. The following Operators are unavailable for use in the gamemode:
- Oregon (March 19, 2020 - March 23, 2020)
- Border (October 1, 2020 - October 5, 2020)
- Coastline (October 1, 2020 - October 5, 2020)
- House (October 1, 2020 - October 5, 2020)
- Chalet (April 22, 2021) - April 26, 2021
- Kanal (April 22, 2021 - April 26, 2021)
- Skyscraper (April 22, 2021 - April 26, 2021)
- The D-50 features a special animation that spins the weapon after every reload.
- The Extravagance weapon skin for the D-50 is available for purchase for the duration of the gamemode for 12500 or 300 .
- The game mode is inspired by the Golden Gun that is featured in the James Bond video game franchise.
- The game mode made a brief appearance at the Six Invitational 2021 Community Event as one of the playlists streamed during the event.
- The info menu for the third appearance of Golden Gun features images of the original Chalet, Kanal, and Skyscraper maps, instead of their reworked versions.