Wiki Targeted (Games)
Do you like this video?
- "Semi-automatic marksman rifle with limited magazine capacity. Favored by GIGN."
— In-game description
The 417 combines incredible damage, great controllability and a decent damage dropoff. Additionally, it has higher destructive power than assault rifles of its size, needing only around 5-10 shots to breach a hatch.
- High damage per shot
- Low recoil
- Mild damage dropoff
- Limited close range capabilities
- Originally, the rifle was modeled with a 20 round magazine and incorrectly fed 10 rounds out of the said magazine. Since Operation Ember Rise, it now feeds the correct 20 rounds.
- The real life HK417 is selective fire. However, due to being a DMR, the 417 in-game is semi-auto only. As a result, the selector switch is permanently set to semi-automatic.
- Initially, the 417 could not be equipped with a reflex sight. This was was fixed in Operation Shadow Legacy.