The original article was at Holographic weapon sight. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Replaces iron sights with a holographic precision sight."
— In-game description
The Holographic Sight is a weapon attachment featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
A Holographic Weapon Sight is a non-magnifying gun sight that allows the user to look through a glass optical window and see a crosshair reticle image superimposed at a distance on the field of view. The hologram of the reticle is built into the window and is illuminated by a laser diode.
In-game, similar to the Red Dot Sight, it replaces the default iron sight and provides a better line of sight for players to engage enemies from afar. Four variants of the Holographic Sight are available: NATO, Russian, Razor, and the MH1.
Compared to the Red Dot Sight, a Holographic Sight is less obtrusive in the center but obstructs more peripheral vision in ADS. The Spetsnaz version of the Holographic Sight shows a circular crosshair without a top bar, while the "usual" version shows a much smaller red dot with a circle around the target.
The Razor variant was introduced in Operation Burnt Horizon, exclusively for the P10 Roni. It features a thinner casing and a slightly thicker reticle compared to the NATO Variant. Later, throughout the period of Operation Phantom Sight to Operation Shadow Legacy, the Razor Holo was gradually distributed to become available on several weapons, specifically the FMG-9, 9mm C1, M12, and 552 Commando.
The MH1 variant was introduced in Operation Shadow Legacy, featuring a similarly-sized casing compared to the NATO variant, but a completely different reticle with a dot in the middle and a horizontal line on each side. It has become available for several weapons.
|Light Machine Guns|
- Initially, the Holographic Sight came in a tan color. In Operation Burnt Horizon, alongside the introduction of the Razor Holographic, a black variant of the NATO Holographic was added, and was distributed to weapons that had a black default skin. A few weapons with a tan-colored default skin, such as the Mk17 CQB, retained the tan Holographic Sight.
- The tan Holographic Sight was later quietly, completely removed.
- The NATO Holographic Sight is modeled after the EOTech EXPS3.
- The Russian Holographic Sight is modeled after the Krechet-M sight.
- The Razor Holographic Sight is modeled after the Vortex Razor AMG UH-1.
- The MH1 Holographic Sight is based off of the CAA MH1 Hartman.