Monika "IQ" Weiss is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Weiss's mother is a renowned mathematician and her father is an inventor who high academic standards encouraged Weiss and her siblings to win numerous awards in math, science, and music throughout their school years. Thriving in the gifted program enabled Weiss to complete her first internship with a local tech company at the age of sixteen. She was invited to MIT, where she focused on electrical engineering, achieving accolades for her research in Microelectronics. Weiss then joined Caltech for graduate studies in experimental electrical engineering. Weiss returned to Germany after traveling the world for a year to work with military technology research before joining the Bundespolizei (BPOL) as an officer. Both the physical and mental challenges of the job appealed to Weiss and she quickly moves through the ranks. After two years with the BPOL she was recruited by the GSG 9.
A brilliant overachiever and fast learner, Weiss has been successful at nearly everything she tries. This facility, however, has conditioned her to refuse failure as an acceptable outcome. This can be manifest as borderline obsessive behavior when tackling obstacles that are perceived to be difficult or exceptionally challenging.
Specialist Monika "IQ" Weiss is as active physically as she is intellectually. When she does manage to pull herself away from rock climbing, spelunking, and - well, countless other athletic and intellectual pursuits, she writes science-fiction. During our meeting, Weiss exuded so much natural vitality that I felt the same exhaustive rush I remember from completing my first marathon. […]
Weiss says she and her siblings are typical overachievers and jokes that even she gets worn out at family gatherings. It's clear they're important to her and she confided that she doesn't have any close friends because only her family understands her.
It isn't unusual for people with exceptional intelligence to be uncomfortable socializing. Of course, I'm not interested in pushing Weiss into making friends - that's not my role, nor hers. But I do think she would benefit from reaching out to some of the other specialists beyond the usual training exercises and research. […]
Her parents encouraged Weiss and her siblings to stretch their imaginations as much as their intellect. She described her mother as "someone madly obsessed with finding patterns in chaos." Her father was the kind to launch experimental rockets from the family garage. It's hardly surprising, then, that Weiss inherited their combined talent for focused disruption. […]'
Weiss was coveted by companies and universities from around the world, but she chose law enforcement. That fascinated me. She said it was an opportunity to work with state-of-the-art equipment and express her love for her country at the same time. I pointed out a third reason - academic research can be rewarding but it's typically highly focuses and structured, leaving less room for the wildly creative approach that Weiss naturally possesses and that our special operations encourage. […]
Field reports mention that Weiss can become obsessive when tackling challenges. In the same vein, she suffers from bouts of insomnia. I suspect the latter stems from the fact that Weiss simply doesn't want to "give up the day". If she's to be of utmost use to Rainbow, it will be important that she learns when and where to let go.
A Light Armored Operator, IQ's unique gadget is the RED Mk III "Spectre", which can locate any electronic device in the immediate vicinity.
- IQ can detect the following items:
- The Bombs in Bomb Defusal and the electronic defuser when the Bomb Defuser is being disabled.
- The Bio Container in Secure
- Surveillance Cameras
- Nitro Cells
- Bulletproof Cameras
- Mute's Signal Disruptors
- Kapkan's Entry Denial Devices
- Jäger's Active Defense Systems
- Bandit's Shock Wires
- Pulse's Heartbeat Sensor
- Smoke's Remote Gas Grenades
- Valkyrie's Black Eyes
- Echo's Yokai and his PDA (and therefore, his location)
- Lesion's Gu mines
- Ela's Grzmot Mines
- Phones hacked by Dokkaebi or dropped upon death
- Vigil's ERC-7 Video Disruptor
- Maestro's Evil Eyes
- Alibi's Prismas
- Clash's Electro Shield while its taser is active
- Attacker Drones hacked by Mozzie's Pests
- Warden's watch when his Smart Glasses are active.
- Wamai's Mag-NETs.
- Bombers in Terrorist Hunt
- When using the Electronics Detector, IQ can use her secondary weapon.
- The Spectre's detection range is 20 meters.
- IQ works well together with Twitch and Thatcher, two other Attacking Operators tasked with taking out enemy electronic gadgets.
- IQ can also work with any other Operator with the ability to remove gadgets from afar, such as Operators with an explosive.
- Dokkaebi can help IQ find Defenders with the use of her Logic Bomb. While a Defender resets their phones, IQ can spot them for the duration of the resetting process.
- The Electronics Detector will not detect gadgets that don't run on power. As such, these types of gadgets will not be detected. The following gadgets cannot be detected:
- Defenders that have no electronic gadget to speak of, unique or otherwise, have an inherent advantage over IQ. These Defenders are Rook and Tachanka.
- "Uses the Electronics Detector to locate any electronics in range through obstacles such as walls."
— RED MK III "Spectre" Description
The advent of complex electronics on battlefields has created a pressing need for more advanced types of portable, ground-based sensors. Inspired by Forward Looking Infrared technology, the RED Mk III “Spectre” displays any active electronic components in the immediate vicinity of the user, from IEDs to various types of specialized military gear.
Weiss designed the prototype for the RED Mk I while a Ph.D. candidate at CalTech. She has maintained a firm hand in monitoring the subsequent models of the device, as dictated in her licensing agreement with the manufacturer.
Device: Electronics Detector RED Mk III "Spectre"
Operator: Specialist Monika "IQ" Weiss
Evaluation Lead: Specialist Monika "IQ" Weiss
Under the direct of both Six and Mira (Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey and Elena "Mira" Alvarez, Director of Research and Development) I've been helping lead a team of specialists for the department's equipment evaluations. As the battlefield evolves, technology needs to evolve too!
Evaluation tests of the RED Mk III "Spectre" in the lab have been mostly positive. The frequencies have been adjusted and the scanner has improved. It's always been a goal to have the gadget's detection communicated to the team in real time. Field tests for this modification are attached.
One final note: I noticed Specialist J. Estrada (Pulse) was added to the tech lab schedule. The last time he was in the lab his "prank" modifications to the Spectre were not even mildly amusing. If he's going to hang around the lab and participate in the evaluations I suggest we all keep a close eye on him. He isn't as funny as he thinks he is.
- - M. Weiss
- Upon successfully completing Article 5 in Situations, the "Bartlett University" Weapon skin will become available for use on the AUG A2 by IQ.
- IQ's Operator image shows her using an M45 MEUSOC, which is neither something she can equip nor a part of her CTU.
- IQ is also seen using an M1014 in her Operator video, which is also not a part of her CTU.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|