Monika "IQ" Weiss is an Attacking Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Weiss developed a knack for electrical engineering early in life. At sixteen, she completed her first internship with a local tech company. She would continue her education at MIT and Caltech in the United States. After university, she traveled for a year before dedicating her life to a new challenge, the Bundespolizei (BPOL). Weiss thrived in her new environment and after two years with the BPOL, she was recruited by GSG-9. A brilliant overachiever and a fast learner, Monika Weiss is a natural at almost everything she tries. With an Ivy League education in electrical engineering and service in GSG-9's technical testing and airborne units, she uses a device which detects electronic traps and gadgets at a distance.
A brilliant overachiever and fast learner, Weiss has been successful at nearly everything she tries. This facility, however, has conditioned her to refuse failure as an acceptable outcome. This can be manifest as borderline obsessive behavior when tackling obstacles that are perceived to be difficult or exceptionally challenging.
A Light Armored Operator, IQ's unique gadget is the RED Mk III "Spectre", which can locate any electronic device in the immediate vicinity.
- IQ can detect the following items:
- Bombs in Bomb Defusal
- The Bio Container in Secure
- Surveillance Cameras
- Nitro Cells
- Mute's Signal Disruptors
- Kapkan's Entry Denial Devices
- Jäger's Active Defense Systems
- Bandit's Shock Wires
- Pulse's Heartbeat Sensor
- Smoke's Remote Gas Grenades
- Valkyrie's Black Eyes
- Echo's Yokai and Control System
- Lesion's Gu mines
- Ela's Grzmot Mines
- Phones hacked by Dokkaebi or dropped upon death
- Vigil's ERC-7 Video Disruptor
- Maestro's Evil Eyes
- Alibi's Prismas
- Bombers in Terrorist Hunt
- "Uses the Electronics Detector to locate any electronics in range through obstacles such as walls."
— RED MK III "Spectre" Description
The advent of complex electronics on battlefields has created a pressing need for more advanced types of portable, ground-based sensors. Inspired by Forward Looking Infrared technology, the RED Mk III “Spectre” displays any active electronic components in the immediate vicinity of the user, from IEDs to various types of specialized military gear.
Weiss designed the prototype for the RED Mk I while a Ph.D. candidate at CalTech. She has maintained a firm hand in monitoring the subsequent models of the device, as dictated in her licensing agreement with the manufacturer.
- Upon successfully completing Article 5 in Situations, the "Bartlett University" Weapon skin will become available for use on the AUG A2 by IQ.
- IQ's Operator image shows her using an M45 MEUSOC, which is neither something she can equip nor a part of her CTU.
- IQ is also seen using an M1014 in her Operator video, which is also not a part of her CTU.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|