- "Grenade that explodes on impact."
— In-game description
The Impact Grenade is an explosive grenade that detonates on impact and deals light damage, designed to efficiently create rotation routes and lines of sight. Once thrown, Impact Grenades can travel up to 20 meters before hitting a surface or detonating mid-air.
The explosion from the Impact Grenade inflicts up to 60 damage to Light Armored Operators, 51 damage to Medium Armored Operators, and 45 damage to Heavy Armored Operators. The damage drop-off is extreme, Impact Grenades won't do damage if they land more than 2 meters away from the opponent.
If detonated on a destructible wall at the proper height, the Impact Grenade will create a hole large enough for an Operator to walk or run through. However, if the grenade is detonated too low or too high, the hole may only allow Operators to crouch or vault through. Impact Grenades can also destroy unreinforced hatches and create lines of sight on destructible floors.
Zofia's Impact Grenades shot from her KS79 LIFELINE function similarly to regular Impact Grenades.
- Ballistic Shields used by Montagne, Blitz, Fuze, and Clash will absorb 66% of the damage dealt by an Impact Grenade if it explodes directly in front of them. This applies to all operators standing behind the shield.
- The explosion from an Impact Grenade will knock back a Shield Operator's shield, leaving them vulnerable for a few seconds.
- When active, Aruni's Surya Gates will destroy Impact Grenades that come in contact with its lasers. The Surya Gate will then be disabled for 30 seconds before it can be manually reactivated. This can be avoided by standing next to the Surya Gate while throwing the Impact Grenade.
- Impact Grenades allow Defenders to create new rotation paths very quickly. This is especially advantageous for roaming Operators.
- Impact Grenades can be used as bait and/or force Attackers to hold an extra angle.
- Impact Grenades can be used to confirm kill an injured Operator behind obstacles that would otherwise be out of reach.
- Some walls cannot be fully reinforced, and wil leave destructible gap on top of the reinforcement. It is possible to destroy hard-breach gadgets from relative safety by throwing an Impact Grenade through the gap and having it detonate on the ceiling on the other side of the wall.
- When throwing, Operators who were introduced before Year Two will use voice clips for regular Frag Grenades.
- The Impact Grenade is likely based off of the BEANO T-13 Grenade.