- "They said it could not be done. They said it was designed for tanks. They said I could not make it smaller and more accurate. They were wrong."
Marius "Jäger" Streicher (pronounced Yeager) is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Raised by his uncle who was a mechanic for what later became the Bundespolizei (BPOL) Aviation Group after reunification, Streicher joined BPOL as a helicopter technician. He began designing defensive weapon systems, including a ground-based Active Defense System (ADS) prototype that caught the attention of the GSG 9. A veteran of the GSG 9 anti-piracy ops in the Indian Ocean, he was later recruited to Team Rainbow.
Streicher is highly creative and curious, with a strong desire to serve. He has a tendency to lack humility. Though he has a remarkable affinity for complex machinery, he is not adept at reading social cues. Coupled with his boisterous tendencies he can be a bit abrasive.
A Light Armored Operator, Jäger's unique gadget is the ADS-MKIV "Magpie", where they can intercept live grenades before they detonate.
- The Defense Systems can be placed on either walls or floors.
- Each Defense System can intercept up to two projectiles before shutting off for the remainder of the round. They will remain in place, but they will no longer flash red.
- ADS only intercept projectiles that are in their detection range while also having a direct line of sight to them.
- There is no delay between interceptions, meaning that one Active Defense System can simultaneously intercept two projectiles.
- Multiple ADSs covering the same area will not be simultaneously triggered by the same projectile.
- The following attacker projectiles can be intercepted by the ADS:
- Frag Grenades
- Stun Grenades
- Smoke Grenades
- Thatcher's EMP Grenades.
- Ash's Breaching Rounds.
- The sub grenades from Fuze's Cluster Charges (each Cluster Charge deploys five grenades)
- Ying's Candela Grenades if it was thrown, as well as the individual Flash Charges from it if detonated.
- Zofia's Impact Grenades and Concussion Grenades.
- Nomad's Airjabs.
- As an electronic gadget, the Active Defense Systems are susceptible to the same weaknesses as other gadgets of its type.
- In some cases, sacrificing a couple of projectiles can be done to disable an Active Defense System, allowing for more important gadgets, like Fuze's Cluster Charge, to activate unimpeded.
Active Defense System x 3
- "Uses an Active Defense system to intercept grenades before they detonate."
— ADS-MKIV "Magpie" Description
Active defense systems have been successfully used on ships and tanks for the last decade to destroy incoming explosive projectiles. Typically weighing over a hundred kilograms, such systems have been unusable by troops who need systems that are portable or suited for rapid deployment. Using the most advanced military-grade components and material available, the "Magpie" blends the best miniaturization, defense and engineering technology.
- Jäger, in German, means "Hunter".
- During the Closed Beta, Jäger had a 52% win rating on the defending side.
- The line "I'm an engineer, not a medic!" is a reversal of the Star Trek catchphrase "I'm a doctor, not a...", originally used by Dr. McCoy.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|