- "They said it could not be done. They said it was designed for tanks. They said I could not make it smaller and more accurate. They were wrong."
Marius "Jäger" Streicher (pronounced Yeager) is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Raised by his uncle who was a mechanic for what later became the Bundespolizei (BPOL) Aviation Group after reunification, Streicher joined BPOL as a helicopter technician. He began designing defensive weapon systems, including a ground-based Active Defense System (ADS) prototype that caught the attention of the GSG 9. A veteran of the GSG 9 anti-piracy ops in the Indian Ocean, he was later recruited to Team Rainbow.
Streicher is highly creative and curious, with a strong desire to serve. He has a tendency to lack humility. Though he has a remarkable affinity for complex machinery, he is not adept at reading social cues. Coupled with his boisterous tendencies he can be a bit abrasive.
A Light Armored Operator, Jäger's unique gadget is the ADS-MKIV "Magpie", where they can intercept live grenades before they detonate.
- The Defense Systems can be placed on either walls or floors.
- Each Defense System can intercept up to two projectiles before shutting off for the remainder of the round. They will remain in place, but they will no longer flash red.
- ADS only intercept projectiles that are in their detection range while also having a direct line of sight to them.
- There is no delay between interceptions, meaning that one Active Defense System can simultaneously intercept two projectiles.
- Multiple ADSs covering the same area will not be simultaneously triggered by the same projectile.
- The following attacker projectiles can be intercepted by the ADS:
- Frag Grenades
- Stun Grenades
- Smoke Grenades
- Thatcher's EMP Grenades.
- Ash's Breaching Rounds.
- The sub grenades from Fuze's Cluster Charges (each Cluster Charge deploys five grenades)
- Ying's Candela Grenades if it was thrown, as well as the individual Flash Charges from it if detonated.
- Zofia's Impact Grenades and Concussion Grenades.
- Nomad's Airjabs.
- As an electronic gadget, the Active Defense Systems are susceptible to the same weaknesses as other gadgets of its type.
- In some cases, sacrificing a couple of projectiles such as stun grenades can be done to use up an Active Defense System, allowing for more important gadgets, like Fuze's Cluster Charge, to activate unimpeded.
Active Defense System x 3
- "Uses an Active Defense system to intercept grenades before they detonate."
— ADS-MKIV "Magpie" Description
Active defense systems have been successfully used on ships and tanks for the last decade to destroy incoming explosive projectiles. Typically weighing over a hundred kilograms, such systems have been unusable by troops who need systems that are portable or suited for rapid deployment. Using the most advanced military-grade components and material available, the "Magpie" blends the best miniaturization, defense and engineering technology.
- Jäger, in German, means "Hunter".
- During the Closed Beta, Jäger had a 52% win rating on the defending side.
- The line "I'm an engineer, not a medic!" is a reversal of the Star Trek catchphrase "I'm a doctor, not a...", originally used by Dr. McCoy.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|