- "Acceptance of mediocrity is the first step toward failure."
Born to wealthy parents, Shah's ability to achieve her goals was assured from an early age. This self-assurance hit a brick wall when she tried to join the military. Her interest in martial arts led her to enlist, but she quickly discovered that women weren't allowed to serve in combat units. Despite all of her money and all of her social influence, she had found an obstacle between her and something she wanted, and it would not budge. Leaving the military, she created her own Private Security Company to operate within India's borders, then a Private Military Company, NIGHTHAVEN, to operate overseas. She routinely negotiates multi-million-dollar contracts with incredibly favorable terms. Her ruthlessness is legendary, but by becoming a resource the Indian government desperately needs she has circumvented the laws that kept her from her goal and revalidated her self-perception as an unstoppable force in a largely static world.
Cultural similarity isn't always a benefit when undertaking psychoanalysis. […] Despite our shared heritage, Specialist Jaimini Kalimohan "Kali" Shah's experiences are as alien to me as if she had come from the dark side of the moon. Contrary to what the romantics of this world would have you believe, money does create a boundary that can't be crossed by any other means.
As a child, Shah received everything she wanted, without effort or attention. She is both ambitious and arrogant, but not without merit. She excels as a leader, primarily by driving those under her command beyond their psychological and physical breaking points to "forge them anew." The fact that those who complete her training are then inducted into an inner circle – a society of protectors, as she's apt to call it – does little to separate her from notorious criminal overlords. And yet if I am consistent in believing that everyone has something to teach, I can't discount her methods.
Does Shah have any sense of nationalistic pride? It's difficult to say. To the ultra-rich, borders are merely suggestions. Yet her assumption of the name Kali and her ruthlessness toward those who cross her both imply a connection with the country of her ancestors. […] I suspect this lack of clarity with regards to her motivations is what has already put her at odds with Specialist Eliza "Ash" Cohen, but that was to be expected. Cohen is someone who lives by a very strict set of rules, and Shah's very existence calls many of Cohen's beliefs into question. […]
As for her strengths, they are many. She didn't get to where she is by cruising on her family's success. Her training regimen is relentless, augmented by the best trainers and the best equipment money can buy. She is brave – some would say foolhardy – and she is cunning. Put simply, she's someone I would be loath to face off against, so it seemed prudent to invite her to join Rainbow. Friends and enemies being what they are, we may have need of her particular strategies far sooner than we would like to admit.
- - Dr. Harishva "Harry" Pandey, Director of Rainbow
A Medium Armored Operator, Kali is equipped with the CSRX 300 rifle, a powerful bolt-action sniper rifle which can pierce through multiple breakable walls, and destroy wooden barricades within a single shot. It can down an enemy with one shot to the chest or can kill them instantly with a headshot. The CSRX 300 comes equipped with interchangable sights that are labled 5x and 12x in-game. (However, according to proper testing the sights are actually around 5.3x and 12.75x)
The rifle is also equipped with an under-barrel launcher that fires LV Explosive Lances. These burrow into walls, even indestructible walls, pushing an explosive charge through the wall to the other side, and create an explosion on both sides of the wall. The explosion causes minimal damage to Defenders but will destroy any gadgets in the vicinity, making it useful for lowering defences.
- The underbarrel launcher holds one LV Lance at a time. A new one is loaded after Kali fires a LV Lance.
- When fired at a wall, the LV Lance will burrow itself into the wall, and push an explosive charge to the other side. The burrowing process takes around 3 seconds to complete.
- When burrowing, the Lance will create small particle effects showing the surface being drilled through, and produce cracks on the surface surrounding it.
- When burrowing, explosive Lances can be destroyed with gunfire. In the case of a reinforced wall, the Lance can only be damaged at its tail-end base, not its burrowing tip.
- It is able to burrow into unbreachable surfaces (will not explode on the other side of the wall), and will still detonate if it bounces off a surface it cannot burrow into.
- The LV Lance is electric-proof and will not be destroyed by reinforced walls or barbed wires charged by Bandit's Shock Wires or Kaid's Electroclaws.
- After the burrowing is complete, the LV Lance explodes, creating an explosion on both sides of the wall it burrowed through.
- The explosive on both sides are equal in size, being roughly 3 meters in radius.
- The explosive damage drops off as distance increases, and gadgets like Frost's Welcome Mats will survive the explosion if they are further away from the Lance.
- If burrowed on a destructible wall, the LV Lance leaves behind a small hole on the wall from the explosion. However, if it burrows through a Reinforced Wall the hole it would leave behind appears be sealed back up and cannot be shot through on both sides.
- Gadgets that can be destroyed by the LV Lances include:
- Mira's Black Mirrors cannot be destroyed by LV Lances.
- Clash's CCE Shield can be knocked aside, but not destroyed.
- Kali works best with Operators such as Thermite, Ace, and Hibana whose gadgets are specialized in opening up holes in Reinforced Walls. Kali is capable of destroying gadgets on the other side with ease, allowing Thermite or Hibana to use their gadgets without getting them destroyed.
- "Under-barrel mechanical projectile that explodes within a set radius to destroy gadgets on both sides of breakable and reinforced surfaces."
— In-game Description
To talk about the LV Explosive Lance, we need to mention Kali's CSRX 300. It"s a dangerous weapon that can breach barricades and hatches in a single shot, and create big holes in breakable walls. The LV is its under-barrel, and it can be used at the same time as the CSRX 300's scopes.
The LV is not your typical explosive. Just like the rifle, it can breach barricades and hatches, but it can also destroy Castle's Armor Panels. These are not its main functions, however. Its role is to destroy gadgets with a light explosion within a set radius. When used on a breakable wall, it will create a hole slightly smaller than what the sniper rifle would do. When shot at a reinforced wall, however, it simply lodges in the surface. In either case, it destroys all gadgets on both sides of breakable and reinforced surfaces. This makes it especially effective when played in tandem with a hard breach Operator like Thermite or Hibana. Keep in mind that the LV Explosive Lance has three charges and is resistant to gadgets like Bandit and Kaid's electrics, as well as Mute's Signal Disruptors.
Device: Low Velocity (LV) Explosive Lance
Operator: Specialist Jaimini Kalimohan "Kali" Shah
Evaluation Lead: Specialist Mike "Thatcher" Baker
Finally, another honest piece of hardware makes its way into my hands. Figures we had to go to the other side of the world to find it.
(Comment_E. Álvarez: Edited for length. Mira.)
Jaimini had to disable the biometrics before I could use the damn thing, but this LV-whatever-you-want is a beauty. The internal workings involve both percussive force and forward assist, which keep the shaft in place once it's embedded. The fuze leads to micro-explosives at the base and head of the round - HMTA at a guess.
(Comment_Dr. H. Pandey: I checked with Kali. There's nothing dangerous in her proprietary compound.)
(Comment_E. Álvarez: I'll run my own tests, to make sure. I'll need her bacteriorhodopsin configuration, too. Mira.)
(Comment_Dr. H. Pandey: Her lawyers called. Please leave this part of the investigation aside for now.)
It's a neat little package that the IDF would love to get their hands on, if they weren't involved in its development. The explosion doesn't breach reinforcements, but it's got range. I'll be hard-pressed to beat it for utility, but beat it I shall.
- Kali is named after the Hindu goddess of time, creation, destruction, and power.
- Ash strongly opposed Kali and Wamai's recruitment into Rainbow, telling Six he was "making a mistake".
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|