A Knife, or known primarily as a Combat Knife or Fighting Knife is a cutting weapon designed for military use, specifically for close combat; however, since the end of trench warfare, most military knives have been primarily designed for utility/tool use (clearing foliage, chopping branches for cover, opening ammunition crates, etc.).
The Knife is an available weapon for all Operators in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It serves as a backup weapon in the event that a player has run out of ammunition or is engaged in close quarters combat. The knife kills all enemies in one hit should it make contact.
If used on a destructible surface, the Knife will leave a small hole on the surface allowing Operators to peek through. The Demon Veil expansion has changed the knife's animation from a slashing motion to a stabbing motion to better inform players where a hit will land.
- If a melee attack is used close to an environmental surface, a melee attack using the equipped weapon's buttstock is usually performed. However, it is functionally identical to a melee attack performed with a Knife.
- Zero is equipped with a Karambit which is prominently featured in several installments of the Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Franchise. Despite this, it is functionally identical to the regular knife.
- Azami replaces the knife with her Kunai. but like the Zero, it is functionally identical to a regular knife.
- Aruni replaces the knife with her prosthetic limb. Her melee attack is able to create larger holes in soft surfaces as well as destroy Hatches, Barricades and Castle's Armor Panels in one hit.
- A melee attack can block the view by cracking the glass on the Mira's Black Mirrors, Maestro's Evil Eyes, Osa's Talon-8 Clear Shield, and Bulletproof Cameras
The REACT Blade is a weapon featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Extraction. Available for all players, it can be used to push rushing enemies back, such as the Grunt and will prevent the detonation of Breachers and Bloaters should they get too close. If used on a destructible surface, the Knife will leave a small hole on the surface allowing Operators to peek through.
The blade is also used to perform Takedowns on unarlerted or stunned enemies, silently killing them instantly. Takedown can be performed on all enemies except the Apex. Finally, the blade is used to take samples when playing the Biopsy and Decontamination objectives.
- Low tier enemies will be killed by the blade in 2-3 hits
- Hits on Bloaters and Breacher will stun them before they can detonate, allowing players to gain some distance before killing them.
- The blade can be used to remove Blinding Spores from teammates.
- Takedowns on Nests will grant additional XP.
- If enemies are alerted, most grenades can be used to stun them, allowing players to get close and perform a takedown. The Glue Grenade and Paralysis Grenade can also slow down or freeze enemies to allow for takedown.
- A takedown can only be performed on a Smasher from behind. Elite Smashers require three takedowns from behind in order to kill.