|"A lot of eyes are on us this time, especially since we have poor intel."|
This article, Laser Sight, is a stub and may require expansion. Please help out by editing the page.
The laser has in most firearms applications been used as a tool to enhance the targeting of other weapon systems. For example, a laser sight is a small, usually visible-light laser placed on a handgun or a rifle and aligned to emit a beam parallel to the barrel. Since a laser beam has low divergence, the laser light appears as a small spot even at long distances; the user places the spot on the desired target and the barrel of the gun is aligned (but not necessarily compensating for bullet drop or the target moving while the bullet travels).
Vegas 1 & 2
- "This laser light improves accuracy, but can be seen by nearby enemies."
— In-game description
- "The laser sight emits a beam parallel to the barrel for improved target designation, and thus more precise and mobile shooting."
— In-game Description
The Laser Sight is an attachment featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Shadow Vanguard. Once equipped, it improves weapon accuracy.
- "Mountable laser sight that increases hip fire accuracy."
— In-game description
The Laser is a weapon attachment featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It tightens a weapon's hip fire accuracy and a shotgun pellet's spread by 25%, though it can also reveal a player's position if the red dot emitted from the light is noticed by the opposing team.
The laser originally created a faint but visible red laser beam, making it relatively easy to deduce the player's location once a laser is spotted. However, the laser was changed to only leave a red laser dot at the surface it is aiming at instead, which made spotting the dot and deducing the player's location more difficult.
When aiming down sight, the laser dot disappears from the user's perspective. However, it will remain visible to other players.
Looking directly at a player aiming a weapon with a laser sight will create a visible red glare, which can sometimes expose the player's location.
Almost every in-game weapon can be equipped with the Laser.
|Light Machine Guns|
- The laser sights on Primary weapons are based on the Steiner DBAL-I2. Some primary weapons such as shotguns, Submachine Guns, and a few Assault Rifles including handguns and machine pistols are based on the Uni-Max from LaserMax. The laser sight on the M45 MEUSOC, LFP586, PMM, Mk1 9mm, PRB92 and Luison is based on the NcSTAR Trigger-Mounted Laser Sight.
- Uniquely, the laser sight when used on the RG15 is a green laser dot instead of the red laser dot on all other weapons.