Learning Area is a playlist in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It consists of Situations, Tutorial Videos, and Tips, each meant to give new players a better understanding of the game
Situations act as a tutorial for players, allowing them to play through eleven different situations. Each situation provides an introduction to each map as well as many of the game's Operators and how they play in different scenarios.
|1||CQC Basics||Hereford Base
|3||Tubular Assault||Presidential Plane
|4||Asset Protection||Hereford Base
|5||Improvise Defense||Club House
|6||No Intel||Kafe Dostoyevsky
|8||High Value Target||Consulate
- "Team Rainbow is sent to eliminate a threat on a college campus."
Upon completing all ten situations, an ending cut scene, Article 5 will be unlocked. It depicts the White Masks performing a biochemical weapon attack on a college campus and Six sending Team Rainbow to neutralize the threat.
Article 5 is functionally a Terrorist Hunt – Bomb scenario where the team has to locate and defuse 2 bombs. Due to the biochemical weapon attack, the entire campus has been flooded with a thick layer of toxic gas, restricting vision and forcing all Operators to wear Hazmat suits. Although Glaz can see through the gas with his scope, the brightness distortions still reduce contrast to some extent.
Afterwards, Six talks of the cost and that they must remain vigilant in the face of the emerging threat as their enemy's goal is still unknown. She goes on to say that reactivating Team Rainbow was both the right choice and the only one possible in these desperate times. They will show them that they are not afraid, that they are ready to repel any threat that is thrown at them, and that Team Rainbow is back.
There are three Tutorial Videos that give additional information about Barricades, Walls, and Floors. Watching the entireity of a video will give players a one-time award of 200 .
- Place reinforcements on breakable walls to make breaching harder for Attackers.
- As a Defender, avoid reinforcing walls between bombs.
- As an Attacker: drone first, breach after.
- Try weapons to find what best fits your style (CQC, mid-range, etc.)
- Try different weapon attachments until you find what you like most.
- It's faster to swap weapons instead of reloading in the middle of a gunfight.
- As a Defender, avoid cutting rotations by barricading.
- R6 Siege is a team-based effort, callouts are key. Talk and listen to your teammates.
- In game, the compass tells you cardinal points and room's names.
- Lean on corners to be less exposed.
- Maps are a destructive playground, take advantage.
- Low difficulty Operators are best to start with.
- Equip a weapon scope and use aim down sight for better accuracy.
- As an Attacker, keep your drones intact. They're your main Intel source.
- Environment is destructible, keep an eye on ceilings and floors.
- Once you're dead, you can still help by giving Intel in Support mode.
- Scanning through cameras and drones will alert marked opponents.
- Pings and marked opponents appear on the in-game compass.
- As a Defender check windows and skylights; Attackers can reach them rappelling.
- Teammates in Support mode can see through your drone. Place it wisely.
- Leaving the building as a Defender will actively mark you for all Attackers.
- Attackers can rappel exterior walls and get to the roof in most maps.
- Play carefully, once dead you won't respawn until the next round.
- Observation Tools include all camera feeds from different sources.
- After hitting a barricade twice, you can vault through it instead of hitting it a third time.
- As a Defender you can remove barricade, which is faster than hitting them.
- Moving makes noise, sprinting is louder, while walking crouched is quieter.
- Shooting floors can open lines of sight, but not navigation because of beams.
- Don't forget to reinforce hatches to avoid being breached from above.
- Each Operator has an exclusive primary gadget or ability that defines them.
- Each Operator has two secondary gadgets to choose from. Secondary options are different for Attackers and Defenders.
- All Operators, except the ones carrying a shield, equip a primary and a secondary weapon.
- Only breakable walls can be reinforced and breached.
- Adapt your strategies to the game mode; Bomb requires a different approach than Secure the Area or Hostage.
- You have three stances (stand, crouch, and prone) and three ways to move (sprint, walk, and crawl while prone).
- The name of the last mission, Article 5, may refer to Article 5 of North Atlantic Treaty, where it states that an attack against one of its members is an attack against them all.
- The toxic gas, that appears during Article 5, seems to be the same as the ones used by Smoke.
- Playing Article 5 counts as a Terrorist Hunt match and will count towards Terrorist Hunt challenges.
- In Situations 4 and 5, the 'Protect Hostage' mode is renamed to 'Protect Asset'.