- "Medium range semi-automatic shotgun. Lethal at close range."
— In-game description
The M1014 can be considered an average semi-automatic shotgun. With a decent tube magazine capacity, fire rate and decent damage drop off, this weapon is reasonably viable in close-quarters situations, though not nearly as powerful as weapons like the SASG-12 or the FO-12.
However, its difficult to accurately control the recoil of the weapon due to the semi-automatic nature of the shotgun. It is also not entirely advisable to ADS with this shotgun, as its recoil kick will make the gun obstruct line of sight when fired quickly. The recoil pattern is similar to the Super 90.
- Good damage dropoff
- Average damage per pellet
- Low ammo reserve
- High recoil kick per shot
- The weapon is modeled with a finned 5-round magazine tube limiter (which would limit the weapon to 5+1 rounds total), but the in-game capacity is 7+1 rounds as though it had a full-length magazine tube.
- When using a non-optical attachment, the M1014 has the AVA Tactical Mod 1 rail attached, although it is incorrectly modeled as a square-ish shape rather than hexagonal like the real world counterpart.
- IQ is seen using an M1014 in her Operator video, a weapon that is neither something she can equip nor is it a part of her CTU.