|Overview||Rogue Spear||Take-Down||Lone Wolf||Raven Shield||Black Arrow||Lockdown||Siege|
- "This government-issued assault rifle has been customized with additional features."
— In-game description
Overview[edit | edit source]
The M4 is a well-rounded weapon with decent handling, damage, and accuracy. It possesses a mediocre rate of fire and a rather low damage drop-off. Its first-shot recoil is noticeable, so the Muzzle Brake attachment is recommended. That being said, it is still suitable for mid-range engagements.
Weapon Attachments[edit | edit source]
Patch Changes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Maverick's Operator Image has him equipped with the M4, which is customized with a Suppressor and an Angled Grip.
- The weapon is generically designated as an 'M4', which is the burst-fire specific version of the gun, which has only 2 firing modes, semi-auto and 3-round burst. The later M4A1 is the correct designation for this weapon due to its ability to fire full-auto. With that said, either version of the weapon shouldn't have the option of both 3-round burst and full auto firing modes, however the Colt "M4 Enhanced" Models (RO-738, 778, 938, & 978) have this trigger group that includes both three round burst and fully automatic included.
- This M4 has a custom trigger group which is capable of both three-round burst and fully-automatic, alongside semi-automatic fire, which has only been present in the M16A2 assault rifle as far as AR platform military rifles go.
- There is no gas block on the M4's model, which means that in reality, the rifle would not be able to automatically cycle after each shot.
- The M4 is based on a customized M4A1 Block II rifle with a Daniel Defense MK18 RIS II railed handguard and a Command Arms UMPG16 pistol grip.