- "12-gauge pump action shotgun favored by SAS, optimal at close range."
— In-game description
The M590A1 is a jack-of-all-trades among pump-action shotguns. Decent in damage and mid-ranged combat, the M590A1 is an especially useful pick on operators Smoke and Mute, as their SMG-11 sidearm allows them to not compromise on mid-range firepower while also bringing a shotgun for utility, creating rotations, and close-range engagements.
- High damage per pellet
- Relatively quick pump cycle
- Decent damage dropoff
- Utilty use
- Low reserve ammo
In the Asset Protection Situation, the player plays as the operator Smoke equipped with an M590A1 and a SMG-11 as a sidearm. In both game modes, the White Masks often use the M590A1 as their preferred shotgun. The M590A1 is equipped with a NATO Red Dot Sight in the situation.
- The weapon was called 591A1 in the Alpha versions of the game.
- In the Season 1 Pro League Weapon Skin FAQ promotional image, the M590A1 had an Angled Grip and an ACOG scope equipped on the weapon, even though those attachments are unavailable for this weapon. In the same image, the C8-SFW assault rifle is also equipped with a vertical grip, which is also not an available attachment.
- There is a cosmetic shell holder on the right side of the butt stock.