- "For most people I'm a relief. But for you, I'll be a nightmare."
Elena "Mira" María Álvarez is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, first teased in the Operation Red Crow Mid-Season Reinforcements website, and later officially introduced in the Operation Velvet Shell expansion as playable character alongside Jackal.
Working alongside her father in his mechanics store from a young age, Álvarez can find the weaker spot on any machinery and turn it into an edge. She joined the police force Cuerpo Nacional de Policía so that she could be of service to those in need of protection, and thus serve her country.
Proving to have stellar strength, endurance and knowledge of vehicles sparked her progress in the ballistic field. She joined the Grupo Especial de Operaciones (GEO) to develop and test bulletproof materials on the field as well as enhancing bridging vehicles.
Abandoned by her mother at birth, she was raised by her father in Madrid. Being an only child, she found her purpose working for the family business.
Mira can punch her Black Mirrors through walls, reinforced or not, to create a one-way view to the other side. This allows her and her teammates to look out from the safety of the air-compressed glass. If the Defender attending the Black Mirror wants, they can break the gas canister to create for themselves a murder hole.
- Mira's Black Mirrors are specialized reinforced glass-breaches that are immune to oncoming gunfire, allowing her team to safely observe an Attacking operator without risk.
- Mira can deploy her Black Mirrors on any breachable wall. She can place them at crouch height or head level, and can even place them over the border between a reinforced and non-reinforced wall.
- Deploying a Mirror takes 5 seconds.
- Mira has two Mirrors, and once deployed, they cannot be removed through normal means.
- Mira can only deploy the Mirror on the "deployed" side of a reinforced wall.
- Non-reinforced walls cannot be reinforced if a Black Mirror was deployed first.
- Mira can place the Black Mirrors at an elevated height if she is standing on an elevated surface while doing so.
- As a one-way mirror, the Black Mirror is see-through only from the side it was deployed from.
- The Black Mirrors can eject their bulletproof window by breaking their gas canister. The gas canister, located on the deployment side, can be destroyed by either gunfire, melee or, in more extreme cases, explosives such as Nitro Cells and Impact Grenades.
- Breaking the canister releases smoke and a loud noise that can be heard on both sides. The window will be ejected after a four-second delay, creating a viewing port that players can shoot through. Note that the window's borders will still remain.
- There are four anchors on the Black Mirror, two located at the top side and two on the bottom. Should they be destroyed by a thermal breaching gadget, the black mirror will be instantly and completely destroyed, not leaving behind a border.
- Mira works well with Operators like Mute, Bandit and Kaid as their gadgets are able to prevent Attacker gadgets from destroying the Black Mirrors if deployed on a reinforced wall.
- Twitch's Shock Drone is capable of shooting its shock darts and destroy Black Mirrors' gas canisters.
- Thermite and Hibana's gadgets, when deployed on a reinforced wall with the Black Mirror, will destroy the Black Mirrors.
- If the Black Mirror is deployed on a non-reinforced wall, destruction of the wall around the Black Mirror will remove the Black Mirror with it.
- Because of the nature of the Black Mirrors, Blitz and Ying, as well as any Attacker with a Stun Grenade, are still able to blind Defenders through them.
- Maverick's Breaching Torch can take out the locks of the Black Mirror, destroying it instantly provided he knows where they are exactly located.
Black Mirror x 2
- "Deploys a one-way bulletproof mirror on breakable and reinforced walls. Also can be ejected to create a murder hole."
— Black Mirror Description
Álvarez came up with the idea for Black Mirror during Operation Blue Orion, when she was forced to improvise a panic room at the Embassy of Spain in Tel Aviv. She used this experience to design a specialized laminated glass, which when deployed with oxyacetylene can carve out a one-way mirror on any wall. If the air pressure is disrupted, however, the glass is ejected and creates a daring opening for both defenders and attackers.
- Mira means "look" in Spanish. While this is possibly the only reference within her name, the similarities between "Mira" and "mirror" are a strong coincidence as well.
- Mira was the lead engineer that led the creation of a specialised ballistic shield for Operator Alexsandr Senaviev. She, alongside Twitch, also worked on the creation of the CCE Shield for Clash.
- Mira's original name was Elena Álvarez Del Manzano. This later changed to Elena María Álvarez. The original name is still used in some official materials, and the Ubisoft website displays her name as Elena Maria Alvarez del Manzano.
- Mira developed a rivalry with FBI SWAT Operator Eliza Cohen following Operation Blue Orion.
- Mira's original date of birth was stated to be on November 18, 1971. The year was later changed to 1977.
- On Mira's invitational charm (titled "Mira's Family), the coordinates 40°26'04.0"N 3°43'45.0"W are inscribed as well as the words "Tu Padre" (meaning 'your father'). The coordinates lead to a park in Madrid, Spain.
- ↑ Update 5.2 Patch Notes - Mid-Season Reinforcements
- ↑ Update 2.1.0 Patch Notes - Velvet Shell
- ↑ In-game BIO > BACKGROUND section
- ↑ In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
- ↑ Rainbow Six Siege patches/Patch 5.2
- ↑ Clash's In-game BIO > NOTES section
- ↑ https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/game-info/operator/mira.aspx
- ↑ Mira's In-game BIO > PSYCHOLOGICAL PROFILE section
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|
|Jaeger Corps PS|