Mark R. Chandar, codenamed Mute, is a Defending Operator featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege.
Chandar graduated from secondary school at the age of twelve. A science prodigy, he was accepted into the University of Cambridge, Department of Engineering at fourteen after completing an internship at a British tech company during his gap year, working on prototypes for a new security system.
Chandar is highly intelligent and analytical. He is used to being the youngest and smartest one in the room. A man of few words, he prefers brevity and clarity to extemporizing. His curt nature is easily misconstrued as rudeness.
- Mute's Signal Disruptors are portable devices that can be placed on the floor to jam Attacker's electronic devices in a wide area.
- The Signal Disruptor has an effective range of 2.25 meters in radius, effectively covering two Reinforced Walls. This jamming range also extends upwards, covering approximately 2.5 meters vertically at its highest, making it possible to jam some trapdoors from below. The Signal Disruptor does not jam anything below it. If set on an elevated surface, such as a table, electronics below will not be jammed.
- Jamming a Reinforced Wall will not allow Thermite or Hibana to breach it, leaving Maverick as the only capable hard breacher.
- The Signal Disruptor is capable of jamming any Attacker's electronic device that is remotely controlled or detonated. This includes Drones, Breach Charges, and Lion's EE-ONE-D Scans (if he's standing next to the Disruptor)
- The Signal Disruptor doesn't only work on the electronics themselves, but also the remote itself; if the Attacker is standing near a Signal Disruptor, they will not be able to activate any remote devices.
- A placed Signal Disruptor makes an audible buzzing noise and can be heard even through walls if one is close enough.
- The Signal Disruptors are essential both in the Preparation Phase and in the Active Phase. During the Prep Phase, the Signal Disruptors can be great contributors in preventing Drones from finding the objective. During the Active Phase, the Signal Disruptors can prevent Attacking Operators from using their gadgets or other electronics.
- Mute can choose where he wishes to place his Disruptors when it comes to doorways: on the outside or the inside. If placed outside, it will prevent Drones from hopping into the room, at the cost of exposing the Disruptor's location. If placed inside, the Disruptors will still jam Drones, but may not prevent them from getting a peek at the objective.
- Like any other gadget, if placed too close to an unreinforced wall, reinforcing that wall will crush the gadget, hence destroying it. The Disruptors will still do their job even if slightly placed away from desired walls.
- Together with Castle, Mute can prevent Attackers from breaching through windows swiftly or a Fuze from deploying his Cluster Charges.
- With Maestro, Mute can jam the reinforced walls and allow Maestro to cover the outside wall.
- Purely mechanical gadgets are not affected by the Signal Disruptors.
- As an electronic gadget, the Signal Disruptors are susceptible to the same weaknesses as other gadgets of its type.
- Thatcher is able to take out the Disruptors with his EMP Grenades.
- Twitch can be effective in countering the Signal Disruptors. As long as her Shock Drones do not come into jamming range of the Disruptors, Twitch can destroy the Signal Disruptors from a distance.
- IQ can search and destroy Signal Disruptor from a safe distance with her Electronics Detector.
- Ash's Breaching Rounds are not affected by Signal Disruptors, as they detonate automatically.
- Maverick's blowtorch is not affected by the Signal Disruptor, as it does not use an electronic signal.
Signal Disruptor x 4
- "Jams communications for remotely detonated gadgets or drones in its range."
— GC90 "Moni" Signal Disruptor Description
Developed by Britain’s Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) the “Moni” was originally designed as a portable device that could blackout any radio transmissions or communication devices for covert or sensitive meetings between British government officials and foreign interests. As one of the primary engineers on the project, Chandar created a variant of the device that doubled the effective range of the original GCHQ signal disruptor.
- Mute's height was originally labelled as 5'6" (1.70m) but was later changed to 6'1" (1.85m) following the release of the Operation Black Ice expansion.
- The loadout overview for Mute incorrectly spelled Disruptor as "Disrupter". This has since been fixed.
- Mute wears an M50 CBRN mask. Whilst Mute's mask bears some resemblance to the GSR, it shares more in common with the M50.
- Mute somehow managed to find a friendly target of jests in 707th SMB Operator Chul Kyung Hwa, who is often told by Mark that he is 'too quiet.'
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|