For reasons of National Security and currently active missions, Nøkk's records are sealed at NATO Confidential security clearance, but her files have been released to Six. Nøkk enlisted at the Army NCO School in Sønderborg, then enrolled at the Royal Danish Military Academy where she graduated at the rank of First Lieutenant. With four deployments under her belt, Nøkk underwent additional special operations training, earning her Jægerkorpset maroon beret with skills in covert ops, combat search and rescue, direct action, special recon, arctic warfare, and advanced breaching. Nøkk served in Afghanistan and Iraq, often alone in deep undercover behind enemy lines. She received commendations for eliminating hostile insurgents in surgical strikes and was responsible for uncovering Erik "Maverick" Thorn's location, forwarding that intel to the Unit.
Nøkk keeps her identity hidden from all but her fellow operators. NATO's O&P division recommended Nøkk for Rainbow as one of its deep cover specialists.
When they looped me in on Nøkk's real identity, I cracked open her secret dossier with schoolboy glee. I love a good mystery and I was not disappointed. Nøkk's real identity has been a prickly issue given the potential scandal should it ever be made public. Frankly, had I not known who Nøkk's father was, I wouldn't have noticed the family resemblance. But it smacks you in the face when you know the truth.
I wondered how Nøkk felt about all this and how it influenced her upbringing. Nøkk tried to dismiss it as one of the realities of the job, but eventually I learned enough to start painting a portrait. Nøkk's mother raised her, and the pair are close to the point of being best friends. It's almost tribal how protective they are of each other. Nøkk knew about her father and his family, but it took a while before the family knew about Nøkk. They tried to give Nøkk a better life, but without bringing her into the fold out of fear of courting a major scandal for the family.
Nøkk is fiercely loyal to her mother, so I found it surprising Nøkk was loyal to her father out of respect for the family name itself. You'd think there'd be some resentment there, but Nøkk is comfortable quietly serving Queen and Country and everything else that falls under the umbrella; her Darwinist outlook isn't rooted in her own safety, but rather the betterment of the soldiers of her unit and her country.
Nøkk's ability to keep a secret and maintain a façade is what makes her a highly capable undercover operative but she is involved in an active mission. Fortunately, Nøkk's cover identity is currently “in jail,” building up credibility while giving us an incredible opportunity to work with someone of Alibi's and Bandit's caliber. I have no doubt Nøkk is a strong fit for Rainbow, and I hope we can use her to the full extent of her stay with us.
-- Dr. Harishva Pandey
A Medium Armored Operator, Nøkk's unique gadget is the HEL Presence Reduction Device, a gadget that when activated, dampens her sound and erases her image from cameras. This, however, comes with some limitations.
- Like Caveira's Silent Step, the HEL has a limited duration of action and needs to be recharged before being used again.
- Unlike the Silent Step, the HEL does not limit Nøkk's choice of weapons.
- The HEL causes a distortion effect similar to the cameras deceived by Vigil's ERC-7. Unlike the ERC-7, only the camera feeds on Echo's Yokai and drones hijacked by Mozzie will identify it. All other Defending cameras will not see this distortion.
- Nøkk will be visible on any camera as mosaic glitches if she sprints, fires weapons, moves through Barbed Wire, takes damage or performs any actions such as pulling out Lesion's Gu Mine. Nøkk will know when she is glitching as the edge of her screen will have yellow interference.
- These same guidelines apply to when Nøkk is silent: as long as she is only walking, crouching, reloading or swapping weapons, she will remain silent.
- Reloading, swapping weapons, walking and crouching will not cause the mosaic glitches.
- Just like Vigil, environmental debris can reveal where Nøkk may be as they move upon being trampled.
HEL Presence Reduction
- "Counter-intel that wipes Nøkk's image from observation tools and reduces her noise, with exceptions."
— In-game description
Nøkk's gadget is the ultimate form of stealth technology. The HEL is a glove attachment, which, when activated, reduces her ambient noise output and hides her image from the opponents' observation tools. Drones, Bulletproof Cameras, Evil Eyes and more will thus be unable to register Nøkk's presence as she roams through the map, unseen. Her footsteps will be silenced as she stalks opposing operators, unheard. Roaming will be more risky than ever for Defenders, as Nøkk could be hiding behind every corner or worse, sneaking up right behind them. Keep in mind that the HEL has a limited window of usage, and must otherwise be recharged through a cooldown.
- Nøkk is a variation of the Danish word Nøkken, the Danish name of the Neck, shapeshifting water spirits in Germanic mythology.
|Operators of Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege|
|Jaeger Corps PS|