The original article was at United States Navy SEALs. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "Commissioned in 1942, the Amphibious Scouts and Raiders saw combat in November 1942 during Operation Torch. Comprised of small highly trained teams, this group would evolve into the NAVY SEAL, who get their name from the environments in which they operate: sea, air and land."
— Siege In-game description
The United States Navy's Sea, Air and Land Teams, commonly known as the Navy SEALs, are the U.S. Navy's principal special operations force and a part of the Naval Special Warfare Command and United States Special Operations Command. They are trained to operate in all environments (Sea, Air, and Land) for which they are named and are also prepared to operate in a variety of climates, such as desert, arctic, and jungle.
- John Clark (Novel/Video Game/Film)
- Miguel Chin
- Brian Armstrong
- James Wolfe
- Craig "Blackbeard" Jenson
- Meghan "Valkyrie" Castellano
- Sam "Zero" Fisher
- Valkyrie's appearance as a Navy SEAL contrasts the real-life Navy SEALs which are currently made up of only male personnel. The official site description acknowledges this by claiming that she was one of the first women admitted to SEALs training.
- The patch shown in-game is actually the patch of the United States Naval Special Warfare Development Group (NSWDG or DEVGRU), commonly known as SEAL Team Six.
- The camouflage worn by the Navy SEAL Operators in-game was changed from MultiCam to AOR1 at some point, though the character art remained unchanged.