- "This playlist is reserved for new players to help them learn the basics of Siege. Play on classic maps most representative of Siege's core gameplay."
— In-game Description
Newcomer is the beginner playlist for multiplayer in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege that was introduced in Operation Burnt Horizon and expanded upon in Crimson Heist. Unlike Quick Match or Ranked, it is only available for players under level 50.
- Only available to players below level 50
- The only available gamemode is Bomb
- Players are free to leave mid-match and are able to join in-progress matches
- Each round is 3 minutes long
- Each match has four rounds, with one overtime round should both team win two rounds
- Each map will have two possible bomb site locations
- Bomb sites are randomly chosen
- Each match will feature the same bomb sites for all rounds
The Newcomer playlist features six available maps. This is a list of maps currently available as of the Demon Veil expansion.
- Until the release of the Operation Crimson Heist expansion, the Newcomer playlist originally only featured three maps: Bank, Consulate, and Chalet. Additionally, each available map featured four possible bomb sites instead of two possible bomb sites.