- "I'm up for the challenge, and the change in scenery."
Renowned for her endurance and athleticism, NOMAD served years with the Mountain Infantry Battalion of the Groupe d'Intervention de La Gendarmerie Royale (GIGR) before joining Rainbow. Her knowledge of environmental operations prompted REACT to recruit her, knowing the Parasite could infest any climate. The team will be grateful for her AIRJAB repulsion grenades when the Archæans come calling.
Assessing El Maktoub's experience in extreme environment operations: She is a survivalist expert (QUERY: adaptable) and has incredible physical endurance. Overall positive impact on incursions and REACT operations. Probability High
Correlating El Maktoub's desire to join REACT with the emergence of the Chimera: The existence of Chimera is proof that there is much more out there to discover. It fuels her explorer spirit. (Probability: Requires further study)
- - INDEX
Shoots proximity mines, knocking back enemies caught in the blast. Also clears the area of hazards.
A Medium Armored Operator, Nomad is equipped with an Airjab launcher which can shoot out up to three "Airjab" repulsion grenades that will stick to any surface she shoots at and knock back all enemies and hazards in its effective radius when triggered.
At Operator level 2, the Airjab's mine count is increased to four. At Operator level 7, the Airjab will instantly kill all Tier 1 and Tier 2 enemies. Finally at Operator level 10, the Airjab's mine count is increased to six.
- Nomad's "Airjab" repulsion grenades shoot from a grenade launcher attached to her primary weapon. When she switches to the launcher, a yellow laser sight turns on and becomes visible in the air. This laser sight can be traced back to its source.
- Switching between her Airjab launcher and primary fire is quick.
- When deployed, the Airjab will stick to the surface it is on and become a small device with a bright yellow light. Nomad can see its range indicated as a circle 3 meters in radius immediately after deployment.
- The Airjab has a small delay of 1 second between when it sticks to a surface as a mine and when it can trigger.
- The Airjab is exclusively proximity triggered.
- The Airjab pushes all enemies in range back a small distance (2 meters) and knocks them down for a few seconds. Destructible objects, including destructible walls, in the way of the flying enemy are broken.
- Explosions from Nomad's Airjab destroy open fuel pods and fuel cells during the MIA Rescue objective.
|1||Airjab Launcher||Shoots a repulsion mine, knocking back enemies caught in the blast. Also clears area of hazards.||N/A|
|2||Extra airjab||Mine count increased to 4.||HZ-Tarp Headgear|
|3||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the ARX200 assault rifle.||N/A|
|4||Speed III||Movement speed is increased by 25%.||N/A|
|5||Stronger Recovery||You revive with an additional 30 Health Boost.||HZ-Tarp Uniform|
|6||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the AUG A3 sub machine gun and the PRB92 handgun.||N/A|
|7||Vaporization||Mines now obliterate the following enemies: Nest, Blinding Spores, Breachers, Grunts, Spikers, Rooters, Sowers, and Sludge.||Status Symbol Uniform|
|8||Armor V||Incoming damage reduced by 40%.||N/A|
|9||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the TCSG12 shotgun.||N/A|
|10||Extra Airjab II||Mine count increased to 6.||Status Symbol Headgear|