- ".45 caliber semi-automatic pistol that has low recoil, best used in mid-range combat."
— In-game description
The P12 comes with the exact same damage model as the GSh-18, featuring a subpar damage per shot of 44 and a relatively steep damage dropoff. Its magazine capacity is three rounds short of the GSh-18, yet still features relatively long reload times. Overall, the P12 can be considered a usable but average handgun with few redeeming qualities besides its low recoil.
- P12 is the German Army designation for the USP .45 Tactical.
- Despite this, the game's version of the handgun has characteristics which make it more consistent with the 9mm version of the USP, which would be a P9, not to be confused with the P9 used by the GIGN Operators. A true .45 ACP magazine capacity would be 12, but this handgun has a 15 round capacity; only the 9mm version has that in real life. The damage model is also consistent with other 9mm handguns, like the P226 Mk 25.
- The handgun has ".45 Auto" markings on the slide, however, the P12 skin from Blitz's Elite Set has "9×19mm" markings instead.
- The P12 once used the same loadout icon as the P9 in-game. In Update 3.2, the icon was changed to the proper one depicting the P12.
- Interestingly enough, the P12 has a different firing sound effect when either playing as GSG 9 Operators or spectating/viewing their 3rd person models (in-game). This bizarre trait is shared with the Super 90 and the D-50.
- Blitz's reload animation for the P12 is different compared to other Operators. Notably, when reloading from empty, Blitz presses the slide release instead of pulling the slide to chamber another round.