The original article was at Makarov pistol. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "9mm short range hand gun with high stopping power, favored by Spetsnaz."
— In-game description
The PMM is a handgun featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It is available for use by all Spetsnaz Operators.
The PMM, an acronym for Pistolet Makarova Modernizirovannyy (Cyrillic: Пистолет Макарова Модернизированный, English: Modernized Makrov Pistol) is a redesign of the original PM. This was done to increase the cartridge load which resulted in an increase of muzzle velocity and generation of 25% more gas pressure. The Makarov PMM has other minor modifications such as an improved hand grip as well as threaded grooves in the chamber.
In-game, the PMM's high damage per bullet and decent ammo capacity not only makes this handgun deadly at close range encounters but it's also one of the more user-friendly hand cannons thanks to a decent recoil control, along with a surprisingly fast reload to boot. Equipping a Muzzle Brake on to this will render the recoil non-existent. The PMM also features a tight hip fire circle that can be improved further with a laser sight, an essential quality for deadly shield operator weapons.
- Despite the name, the "PMM" in-game is actually the original Makarov PM instead of the actual PMM. This is further noted by the pistol's ammo capacity and model. The original has a capacity of 8 with an additional one in the chamber, which is how much this "PMM" in the game holds. An actual PMM would hold up to 10 or 12 bullets with an additional one in the chamber.
- Although this was likely for balancing reasons, the PMM's power is absurdly exaggerated in the game, despite it using one of the smallest pistol cartridges in the game. Its damage surpasses both 9×19mm and .45 caliber handguns, and most recently (and humorously), is now even more powerful than the .44 Mag Semi-Auto.
- In Glaz's Elite Skin, a PMM is permenantly placed in a chest mounted holster underneath his jacket, strangely not bearing the PMM skin that comes with his Elite. The pistol the player has equipped is always on his hip, meaning a player could technically have two PMMs on their person at the same time.
- In Fuze's Elite Animation, he draws the player's chosen pistol and fires it into the air a few times. Regardless of the muzzle device equipped however, the sound will be the same.