|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege – Patch 2.2.1|
|Release Notes for 06/07/2017|
- Patch 2.2.1 - June 7, 2017
The health of the game is of utmost importance to the longevity of Rainbow Six Siege. We are implementing a lot of technical backend support. One these major technological improvements is the new 1-Step Matchmaking and Interactive Matchmaking. Video Demonstration
- 1-Step Matchmaking is a streamlined updated which means more stability, and faster matchmaking results. Stability and performance is one of the primary goals for the dev team, and this is one giant step towards better performance and faster queue times.
- Interactive Matchmaking allows you the freedom to purchase items from the shop, unlock new operators, and change your loadouts without leaving matchmaking. We are also introducing a post-match opt-in and opt-out flow so you or your party can choose to re-enter matchmaking to find a new game, return to the main menu, or continue to queue with the current players.
There will be a redesign of the hitboxes for all operators. The new design will make it so the hitbox only includes what you would think of as the human body. This means that baggy clothing, pouches, headgear, bags, accessories, etc. will not be included in the hitbox of all Operators. This change will impact present and future operators, and will allow for a full artistic freedom on character models and customization without a heavy impact on gameplay balancing.
General Tweaks & Improvements
- Glaz’s gun is less effective and smokes go to other operators
Glaz’s effectiveness is currently too high in high level organized games and in the current Pro League meta. This is especially seen in rapid short distant pushes, which is not how we intend Glaz to be strong. While we’re very happy that his scope change brought him back to the forefront of competitive play, there’s not a balanced counter to him yet on the defense side.
We’ve decided to make two changes:
- Reduce his gun effectiveness. Chaining shots while being accurate is going to be tougher, and overall damage of each bullet has been reduced. At short distance especially, defenders will take more body shots before dying to the Dragunov.
- Make smoke grenades availability a tougher choice in organized matches by swapping them with other Operator’s loadouts.
Note that there’s many more balancing changes on hold right now – we considered this one important enough to push it during Operation Health.
Dragunov weapon changes detailed
- Glaz’s Dragunov recoil and elastic time (= the time it takes to re-center after shooting) has been increased
- Glaz’s Dragunov damage has been decreased
|Damage Falloff over Distance||0m||5m||15m||35m||40m|
|Damage Falloff over Distance||0m||5m||15m||35m||40m|
- Ash and Thermite’s Smoke Grenades are replaced by Stun Grenades
- Fuze and Jackal’s Stun Grenades replaced by Smoke Grenades
Spawn killing is one of the least fun experiences, and focus of Operation Health’s first updates is resolving exploitable issues, especially relating to spawn killing. We have identified three locations where players can be spawn killed on Chalet by the Campfire spawn, on Kanal with the line of sight from Control Room, and on Consulate where defenders could jump out of a window and get line of sight on a spawn. We are always excited to see our players find new ways to advance our game, but not when it makes it a less fun experience for other players.
We are aware of other Spawn Kill locations and are working on addressing them for upcoming updates.
As previously mentioned, one of the key things we wanted to focus on in our first update is exploits, and more specifically, design issues that can be exploited. This includes weird bugs like being able to melee kill others through Mira’s One Way Mirror or being able to hide Kapkan’s EDD in certain parts of the environment. However, this also includes design changes where players were able to destroy a part of the map for a one-way line of sight. We hope resolving these issues mean a more enjoyable experience for all.
We’ve fixed an error that relates to timing out on servers. We are identifying fixes for other error as well and making them a priority in Operation health.
Post-match and pre-match
Once a match has completed, players will be presented with new menu options that allow you to choose when to re-enter the matchmaking flow from the After Action Report (AAR) screen. This also works if you’re in a party. The squad leader can choose when the squad enters matchmaking, re-enters the matchmaking flow from the AAR screen, propose a rematch to the other team, or return to the main menu. From a squad member’s perspective, they will have the option to leave the squad and matchmaking loop.
- "Keep playing as team" option
- Part of this new flow also means you will not be immediately re-queued for a match, as the default option will send you back to the main menu screen. At the end of matches, you will have to opt-in to re-queue in matchmaking. However, there will be an option to keep playing with the same team if you just had a really good match.
- Fixed - Players are able to melee others through Mira’s One Way Mirror.
- Fixed - Audio from Impact grenades does not always trigger properly.
- Fixed - Players receiving Timeout error 6-0x00001000 when first connect to server on creating squad.
- Fixed - Nitro Cell does not deal damage if placed on the vans of Consulate.
- Fixed - Players will sometimes not see a prompt for “To Enter” when rappelling.
- Fixed - Defenders are registered as outside on the Master Bedroom door frame on House.
- Fixed - EDD cannot be deployed in certain locations.
- Fixed - EDD is difficult to deploy on doorframes when an object is nearby.
- Fixed - The prompt to deploy the EDD is only available in a small angle on certain windows.
- Fixed - EDD is hidden when placed at the bottom of the Geisha room doorway.
- Fixed - Caveira will sometimes use a placeholder audio bark when throwing an Impact grenade.
- Fixed - Friendly gadgets are detected when using the RED MK III “Spectre”.
- Terrorist Hunt
- Fixed - AI pathing on Club House.
- Fixed - AI pathing on Chalet.
- Fixed - Geisha room floor is unbreakable.
- Fixed - The floor surrounding the trapdoor in Geisha room cannot be destroyed properly.
- Fixed - Defuser cannot be placed on multiple locations due to objects.
- Fixed - Black Eye cameras are able to float in mid-air in the Wine Cellar once all bottles are broken.
- Fixed - Stairs in 1F Toilet do not have bullet collision, and damage can be dealt through them.
- Fixed - Attackers can reach an inaccessible location while being pushed in rappel, causing players to fall out of bounds.
- Fixed - Carpets on the second floor are unbreakable.
- Fixed - Kapkan’s EDD clips through the lamp on the right side of the window in 2F Geisha Room.
- Fixed - Ramps at the top of stairs flicker, and present a graphical glitch.
- Fixed - Glowstick prevents a Defuser plant in 2F Armory Locker Room.
- Fixed - Gadgets cannot be placed on wall in 1F Customs Inspections room.
- Fixed - Defuser cannot be placed on the metal steps in the Server Room.
- Fixed - Players are able to climb onto the handrail in the stairs of Main Hallway, and then vault into the scaffolding.
- Fixed - There is a gap between the walls located in 2F Security Room, allowing players to fire on 1F VIP Section.
- Fixed - Tree and flower pots do not have collision at 1F Main Entrance, and allow players to shoot through walls to the Snowmobile Garage corridor.
- Fixed - Operators clip through the stairs when prone and moving.
- Fixed - Operators do not take damage from Nitro Cells or grenades when rappelling from 2F Bedroom Terrance.
- Fixed - Players are able to shoot through the floor in Master Bedroom and kill enemies outside.
- Fixed - Defenders are able to spawn kill Attackers spawning at Campfire.
- Presidential Plane
- Fixed - A small flag prevents the placement of the Defuser in Executive Office.
- Fixed - Players are able to vault through the top of the plane using a deployable shield.
- Fixed - Drones are able to break collision with the partially destroyed ceiling near the entrance of 2F Front Hallway.
- Fixed - When player 1 is running and crouching on a prone player 2 at the same place, player 1 will have an advantage.
- Fixed - Broom prevents Defuser placement in Church.
- Fixed - Defuser cannot be placed on dumbbells in 2F Gym.
- Fixed - Players do not receive damage from a Nitro Cell if it is thrown against the brick wall near the jukebox.
- Fixed - The vault option does not appear on the bar counter in the Strip Club.
- Fixed - Players are able to shoot through the metal frame of the barred windows in 1F Garage.
- Fixed - Location indicator is missing in the room with the destructible wall that is next to 2F Secret Stash.
- Bartlett U.
- Fixed - Defuser cannot be planted in multiple locations.
- Fixed - Some gadgets cannot be placed near the trapdoor found in Model Hall.
- Fixed - Floor above the furnace can be destroyed from above and players are then able to place gadgets and cameras within the Furnace. These gadgets and cameras cannot be seen from the outside.
- Fixed - University nameplates can be shot through, but not destroyed.
- Fixed - Players are able to shoot through the ceiling of the Service Room.
- Fixed - Defenders can be detected if crouched near a partially destroyed wall in 2F Model Hall.
- Fixed - Players are able to shoot from EXT Patio towards Laundry Room, through non-LOS objects.
- Fixed - Valkyrie is able to place her cameras between walls, and see through them.
- Fixed - Defenders are able to have line of sight on the Attacker Spawn point from CC3F Control Room Window.
- Fixed - Defenders have a direct line of sight into the Side Entrance spawn point by jumping outside from Visa Office.
- Fixed - Players are able to vault over a deployable shield onto the metal pipes found under Service Stairs.
- Fixed - Attackers are able to vault from the exterior canopy inside the 2F Penthouse room.
- Fixed - Invisible collision is present around the flowers of 2F Hallway.
- Fixed - Defenders are able to shoot through the guitar supports located in 2F Hall of Fame and kill Attackers.
- Hereford Base
- Fixed - Players are able to shoot through the lower half dividers in 1F Dining Room.
- Fixed - Vaulting through the window from 2F Office that is partially destroyed will result in the Operator remaining stuck.
- Fixed - Players will not receive any damage from a detonated Nitro Cell if they are on the bed in 2F Small Dorms.
- Fixed - There is a seam gap on the ceiling of Tower Stairs.
- Fixed - Players are able to fire through a gap between the walls of 1F Office.
- Fixed - Players are able to break collision with the freezer in 1F Pantry.
- Fixed - A wall reinforcement in the Supply Room does not fully cover the wall.
- Fixed - Players are able to reach an inaccessible area in the Boiler Room.
- Fixed - Metal decals appear even though bullets do not penetrate through the big dresser in 2F Kids’ Room.
- Fixed - Drones are able to clip through the ceiling of Bank Garage.
- Fixed - Walking over the box in 1F Archives will interrupt the Secure Area process.
- Fixed - Drone can be placed on top of pipes in Garage to see through all floors.
- Fixed - Jackal’s default and Photon uniforms are different from their thumbnails.