|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege – Patch 3.4.0|
|Release Notes for 12/04/2018|
- Patch 3.4.0 - December 4, 2018
New Content & Features
- SMG-11 has been added as a secondary
- Slight increase to SMG-11 Damage
- We want to make Mute slightly more attractive as a choice, and make him a bit stronger overall. Giving him additional loadout versatility should meet both of those needs. We are also slightly increasing the damage on the SMG-11.
- Electric Damage increased from 3 to 5 damage per tick
- With the last few patches, we wanted to make Clash less frustrating to play against. She is now very weak and underpicked, and we anticipate that Nomad will be a hard counter against her. Essentially, we are trying to make her stronger without making her too frustrating to play against.
- Slight increase to SMG-11 Damage
- Smoke has incredible utility if used properly, but still a bit weak. Mute will also benefit from this change.
- Slight decrease to T-5 SMG
- Lesion is currently in a pretty good place, but is just a bit too strong. We are reducing his damage to bring him more in-line with where we would like to see him.
- Reduced the total number of concussion grenades from 3 to 2
- Zofia currently has too many projectiles at her disposal, and is able to offer too much utility when compared to her teammates.
General Tweaks & Improvements
THROWABLE GADGET TRAJECTORY CHANGE
We have changed the throw curves for throwable gadgets to be easier and more comfortable to use. All throwables now use this new curve except for the Nitro Cell. The Nitro Cell is not using this new curve, as it will be classified in a different category defined as “heavy throw”. The throwables classified under heavy throws will not reach as far as the “regular” throw.
- Kaid’s "Rtila" Electroclaws
- Alibi’s Prismas
- Ela’s Grzmot mines
- Ying’s Candelas
- Lesion’s Gu mines
- Valkyrie’s Black Eyes
- Thatcher’s EMP grenades
- Smoke’s Remote gas grenades
AREA OF EFFECT FEATURE
Beginning with Operation Wind Bastion, we will be implementing a new Area of Effect feature for Kaid and Nomad. This is designed to help new players better understand the area of effect when deploying a gadget. This will only be visible for the Operator placing the gadget.
We also recognize that experienced players may not be interested in the visual feedback presented by this change, so players will have the option to disable it in the settings menu.
As of right now, this feature will only be available for Kaid and Nomad, and do not currently have plans to add this feature to past Operator’s gadgets.
SSAO GRAPHICS FEATURE CHANGE
We currently have two different SSAO techniques to render Ambient Occlusion: SSBC and HBAO+. Lately, our 3D team has been working on replacing the HBAO+ with a improved SSBC+ technique.
We have done this because we want to have control on what is rendered on screen. Overall, this will give us greater control over the implementation of graphics options across all platforms, and enables us to increase the overall quality of image rendering across the board.
There is no noticeable difference in performance between SSBC+ and HBAO+.
Bank, Border, Chalet, Club House, Coastline, Consulate, Hereford Base, Kafe Dostoyevsky, Oregon, Skyscraper, Theme Park, Villa
|Casual||Maps from Ranked playlist +|
Favela, House, Kanal, Presidential Plane, Tower, Yacht
- Fixed - Users are experiencing a large amount of crashes on Xbox One & PS4 since Y3S3.
- Fixed - Claymores can be picked up after detonating at the right moment.
- Fixed - Reinforcing a hatch with a defuser planted on it will cause the defuser to fall.
- Fixed - Russian rainbow ACOG sight (they stopped talking to Bandit).
- Fixed - User teleports when placing a gadget after interacting with the hostage.
- Fixed - If the player shoots the reinforced wall, the muzzle flash and the bullet trail will pass through.
- Fixed - Melee attack animation is broken during replays.
- Fixed - Players can exploit macros to increase their rate of fire on certain weapons.
- Fixed - Electricity VFX can be seen through the floor.
- Fixed - Prisma deployment issues can cause Alibi’s Prisma to get stuck in surfaces.
- Fixed - Alibi's hologram doesn't detect enemies if they're in Tachanka's LMG turret.
- Fixed - Attackers don't receive damage when hitting an electrified surface with melee attacks.
- Fixed - Some throwable gadgets can move through Electified Barbed Wire without receiving damage.
- Fixed - Blitz shield disappears instantly after the shield is switched while in ADS.
- Fixed - When Capitao’s Lethal Bolt is shot directly on a wall, the fire FX is not blocked and DMG is still dealt on the other side of the wall.
- Fixed - Castle can melee kill an opponent through an Armored Panel that was deployed over barbed wire.
- Fixed - Players aren’t awarded a score when destroying Castle’s Armor Panels with non-explosive methods.
- Fixed - Clash loses partial functionality after pressing the primary gadget button during a guard break.
- Fixed - If a player is hit by Doc’s stim pistol shot while under the effect of Echo’s sonic burst, the heal VFX will cut the sonic burst effect.
- Fixed - Yokai's Sonic Burst Distortion Effect causes the black background to appear on the side of the screen.
- Fixed - Consecutively using sonic bursts on the same target with Yokai will not refresh the Deafen effect.
- Fixed - Yokai’s Sonic burst effect animation is not present for Echo in third person.
- Fixed - Frost Traps can be partially hidden by carpets on certain maps.
- Fixed - Frost Welcome Mat’s cannot be deployed in a certain spots in 2F South Hallway of Coastline.
- Fixed - Frost Welcome Mats are difficult to deploy in 2F rail platform area of Theme Park.
- Fixed - Frost Welcome Mat clips with the rug from Coastline 2F Hallway if the rug is damaged.
- Fixed - No sound when detonating Hibana’s X-Kairos charges.
- Fixed - IQ's RED Scanner moves too much when shooting her pistol (now less floppy).
- Fixed - Electronics are sometimes not highlighted when on the edge of IQ’s detector.
- Fixed - Unable to pick up Jagger's ADS if deployed under a Control Terminal in 2F Control Room of Theme Park.
- Fixed - Maestro's Evil Eye cannot scan or ping through smoke grenades/Capitao’s Smoke Bolt.
- Fixed - The Loadout description for the Alda 5.56 has not been updated to reflect the weapon's patch changes (now updated).
- Fixed - Maverick is able to break the frames on windows with his gadget, leaving the glass floating in the air.
- Fixed - When placing a Candela on a barricade, Ying's hand is visible from the other side, revealing her position.
- Fixed - Holding Ying’s Candela gadget applies the blue filter on all the headgears that have the same glass material.
- Fixed - Players can vault into red toolboxes on any map.
- Fixed – Players lose operator functionality when trying to descend a ladder when another operator is nearby.
- Fixed - Users can peek inside EXT Sewer by of Bank.
- Fixed – Cameras and C4 can be thrown through the ceiling of 1F Archives on Bank.
- Fixed - Players can hide under a desk in 1F Tellers' Office and make it difficult to hit them with bullets.
- Fixed - Operator can get stuck between the printer and the table at 2FOffice on Border.
- Fixed - Player can vault inside ceiling of EXT pedestrian customs on Border.
- Fixed - Defender can hide bulletproof cameras inside the walls on Border.
- Fixed - Attacker can hide in trees next to 2F office balcony on Chalet.
- Club House
- Fixed – Defenders can vault to the roof outside on Clubhouse.
- Fixed - The vault prompt to the stage lose functionality after reinforcing the wall between 1F Stage and 1F Stock Room of ClubHouse.
- Fixed - Operators with shields clip through the handrails of ClubHouse.
- Fixed - Ying’s Candela and Fuze’s cluster charge don’t penetrate the entire floor at 2F Theater room on Coastline, causing the charges to detonate inside the floor.
- Fixed - The door barricade at EXT Front Door breaks certain vault angle between the stone pillars at EXT Front Alley on Consulate.
- Fixed - Rubberbanding effects after vaulting over yellow steps in Consulate Garage.
- Fixed - Attacker can hide a drone inside the walls of 1F visa office on Consulate.
- Fixed - Drone clips through the wall on Consulate, allowing Drone to see inside.
- Hereford Base
- Fixed - Textures between reinforceable and indestructible walls in Hereford Base allow bullets to pass through.
- Kafe Dostoyevsky
- Fixed - Defenders are able to vault on the window frame of Kafe 2F Fireplace Hall.
- Fixed - Valkyrie can place a cam on the ceiling of 1F Bakery on Kafe.
- Fixed - Occasionally operators will remain stuck between two metal barrels at Oregon EXT Junkyard.
- Fixed - Drones run into invisible collision under the bed in Oregon of 2F Dorm Main Hall.
- Fixed - Defenders are unable to disable the defuser if it is planted next to the mattress in 2F Watch Tower in Oregon.
- Fixed - Operators clip through the rail above the stairs on 2F Hallway on Skyscraper.
- Theme Park
- Fixed - Attackers can plant the defuser on top of an arcade machine at 1F drug lab on Themepark.
- Fixed - player can destroy the ceiling under the indestructible floor at 1F dining room.
- Fixed - User encounters an invisible collision at 3F Lounge in Yacht.
- Fixed - In some cases, players will receive a "Game Full" error when matchmaking.
- Fixed - Voice chat icon remains active after a team member stops speaking.
- Fixed - User that Join-in-Progress in Casual cannot ID operators.
- Fixed - Hovering over a gamemode after clicking the other one will lead the user to the wrong mode matchmaking.
- Fixed - Players are sometimes able to reconnect to the Ranked match after receiving a teamkill penalty.
- Fixed - The "Find Another Match" button flashes when players leave the match.
- Fixed - [XB1] User is able to hear teammates in the game even if he is in a private Xbox Party Chat.
- Fixed – The newest Cosmetic Bundles show up at the end of the Bundles list in shop (will now show up in descending order).
- Fixed – Player profile stats and details are not updating properly.
Post-Test Server Additions
Over the last two weeks, we have deployed a number of additional bug fixes and balancing tweaks to the Test Server. These changes will be integrated into the final Y3S4 Wind Bastion Season update.
- Lowered damage taken when meleeing electrified Barbed Wires from 15 to 3/damage tick.
- Increased recoil for .44 Mag Semi-Auto
- Lowered number of electroclaws to 2.
- Players now only receive 2 points for deploying electroclaw.
- Airjab will no longer detect targets while traveling.
- 1.5s delay on warhead between the moment it sticks and the moment it will activate.
- Increase to IQ's gadget detection range from 15m to 20m.
- Night Maps have all been removed for all maps for Ranked.
- We came to this decision based on both feedback from players and the fact that we have found that Night maps hinder competitive gameplay. Night map versions will still be available in the Casual Map Playlist.
- Lighting Update
- Improved lighting algorithms.
- Tweaked map moods.
- Night map sky environment update (similar to previous HDR map updates).
- This goal of this lighting update is to provide a more realistic look and feel for the Rainbow Six Siege environment. With the new lighting algorithms being introduced into our global illumination system, this update will allow us to provide greater lighting precision and give us a greater degree of artistic control for all our day and night maps. While making these changes, we worked closely with player feedback to ensure that all lighting changes are transparent in terms of gameplay and will have no effect on player performance.
- Fixed - Operators with ballistic shields are immune to guard break effect while walking backwards.
- Fixed - Red Dot and ACOG sights obscure the player's view more than in Y3S3.
- Fixed - After teamkilling, offenders are not kicked and do not receive a TK offense.
- Fixed - Hostage kill counts only as 1 teamkill instead of 2.
- Fixed - A desync occurs when a character climbs a ladder and triggers an airjab at the same time.
- Fixed - A desync occurs when a character starts rappelling and triggers an airjab at the same time.
- Fixed - Jackal's gadget sometimes cannot see footprints left by Operators.
- Fixed - Breaching a floor on Fortress sometimes only destroys the top layer of the floor.
- Fixed - Drones can clip inside the EXT Guard Tower of the hatch on Fortress when thrown at a certain location.
- Fixed - A desync occurs when a player vaults a window and triggers an airjab at the same time.
- Fixed - Character's feet can clip through the 1F Old Tower Stairs on Fortress.
- Fixed - A space under the table in 1F Cafeteria on Fortress make it look like a drone can pass through.
- Fixed - LOD issues in the table in 1F sitting room on Fortress.
- Club House
- Fixed - Lighting issues in Clubhouse makes it difficult to see prone Operators.
- Fixed - Lighting issues on House make it difficult to see Operators in certain areas.
- Kafe Dostoyevsky
- Fixed - After being pushed back by Nomad, operator can get stuck on the EXT Park Alley of Kafe.
- Fixed - Lighting issues on Skyscraper make it difficult to spot Operators in certain spots.
- Theme Park
- Fixed - Lighting issues on Theme Park which can cause disruptive contrasts when entering the building.
- Fixed - Placeholder hat in 4F Captain's Office of Yacht.
- Fixed - Lighting LOD issues in 2F Kitchen on Yacht.
- Fixed - In the options menu, clicking the Benchmark button under Graphics Settings will cause a black screen issue.
- Fixed - Accepting a squad invite can sometimes result in loss of UI functionality when trying to access the main menu.
- Fixed - Incorrect weapon stats/damage values are displayed in menu.
- Fixed - When a user is removed from game, in-game announcer shows 5 v 0 text.
- Fixed - Shaking animation of Hostage when being escorted.
- Fixed - Shield shaking animation if the Operator moves while they are equipped on their back.
- Fixed - The "Baroque Exalted" Weapon Skin is not displayed when applied on several weapons.
- Fixed - The "Gingerbread" weapon skin is not displayed when applied on Glaz's OTs-03.
- Fixed - Clash SPSMG9 bullet capacity shows 15 instead of 20 in the operators menu.