|Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege – Patch 5.3.0|
- Patch 5.3.0 - September 9, 2020
- The Y5S3.1 update contains primarily a backlog of bug fixes from the TS that did not make it in time for the season update. The Y5S3.1 Patch will come to PC on the week of September 21st, and will go out to consoles soon after.
We’re currently evaluating the feedback that we’ve received on Ping 2.0 over the course of the Test Server. So far, we've observed that the benefits of the new ping system are more heavily weighted towards more casual players, but we also understand the potential drawbacks raised by high-tier players about the new ping system. With this in mind, we would like to spend some more time gathering data and feedback on the live servers. We'll continue closely monitoring the impact of Ping 2.0 while it's on live while we we take a closer look at our options to try and will do our best to incorporate feedback to make the new Ping 2.0 an enjoyable experience and useful tool for players of all backgrounds.
1X SCOPE OPTIONS AND AVAILABILITY
We have heard player feedback on the availability of options for 1x scopes on operators. While making the 1x scopes available for all the operators is something that we have considered, there are a number of design limitations that prevent us from making it a possibility at this time. We are currently exploring our options and will share more when we have a better solution.
- 1.5x on Mozzie's P10 Roni
- 1.5x on Alibi's ACS12
- 2.0x on Maestro's ACS12
- 2.5x on Hibana's Type-89
Based on feedback over the course of the TS, we’ve given the old Holo back to some operators, while swapping the new Holo to others to gather more data and feedback. This change should give players more agency when choosing between using the new Holo vs. other alternatives. This will also only impact DEF operators with 1x zoom scopes. We'll be closely studying and monitoring the performance of the two Holos and player feedback on the live servers as well.
- Re-added old Nato Holo in place of the new MH1 Holo for: Wamai (AUG A2), Oryx (Mp5), Pulse (Ump 45)
- Added new Nato Holo to replace old Holo for: Castle (Ump45), Doc (Mp5), Echo (Mp5SD)
Gave Nomad more options on her scopes to make them feel and look a bit better.
- ARX: Removed 1.5x, Added 2.0x
- AK: Removed 2.0x, Added 1.5x and 2.5x
The sensitivity slider now goes up to 200. Don’t forget that when you patch into the new season, your old sensitivity settings will automatically be converted into the new system.
If you want to calculate your own conversions, check out our sensitivity guide.
Addition of panels to the bomb model in order to fix issues with pixel peeks.
MMR Changes For Anti-Boosting
To discourage boosting and de-ranking, players can no longer drop below 1000 MMR, and players cannot gain more than 150 MMR from any game.
In-Game Report Notifications
You will now receive in-game notifications after a player you reported is sanctioned. These will replace the ‘Thank you’ emails that used to be sent out in this scenario. We are replacing the emails with notifications to be more transparent about our sanction process. It also allows us to keep sanction communication in-game, making it easier for users to get updates while they play.
- Added raiser to the 1.5x Scope to alleviate the issue of the visible iron sight/front pins when in ADS.
- Iana's Holograms will no longer trigger metal detectors.
- New naming convention for shields. All shields will now display 'SHIELD' as their weapon type. (ex: Le Roc Shield, G-52 Tactical Shield, CCE Shield).
- Reduced the size of the 1.5x Scope
- Reduced the size of the reticule for the MH1 Holo Sight
- Minor visual tweaks to Zero's scope icons for aesthetics.
- Updated reticle structure for Kali's CSRX300 and Capitao's Crossbow
- Updated reticle when entering gadget mode for Kali.
- Vault prompt consistency after meleeing a barricade (See Vault Detection changes). Previously you could sometimes vault barricades after 1 melee. Barricades will now require at least 2 melee hits before the vault prompt will appear.
- FIXED – Issues with gadget deployment and consistency when interacting with destructible/fragile map assets (see Gadget Deployment Refactor in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Minor feedback issues for new disable state (see new Disable State in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various minor issues with Ping 2.0 feedback (see new Ping 2.0 in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various feedback issues for hard breach charge (see new Hard Breach Charge in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various vault fixes (see Vault Detection Improvement in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Hot breach charge can kill operators during entry.
- FIXED – Issues with DBNO detection.
- FIXED – Launcher projectiles (Ash, Zero) can sometimes pass through walls.
- FIXED – Breaching charges display fire spark VFX if they're destroyed without being detonated.
- FIXED – Drones not always spawning in the same vicinity as the player.
- FIXED – Drones sometimes spawn facing the wrong way and not facing the objective building.
- FIXED – Drones spawning at random map locations instead of near the Attacker spawn point if 'No vote' is chosen.
- FIXED – Firearms can sometimes get stuck if players pick up deployable gadgets during the animation and using other buttons simultaneously.
- FIXED – Gadgets/projectiles can sometimes pass through surfaces if they are thrown while leaning, prone, and while forcing collision.
- FIXED – Inconsistent objective scan detection by drone on bomb sites.
- FIXED – Missing occluded SFX when deploying while standing away from the wall and rappelling.
- FIXED – Popping animation when running downhill.
- FIXED – Shield operator's shields will flip after swapping it out and meleeing.
- FIXED – Small barricades can be vaulted after just one hit.
- FIXED – Weapons appear in the middle of a deployable gadget while gadget is being deployed/cooked.
- FIXED – When melee hitting an electrified deployable shield, players take 15 damage (should be consistent with damage taken from electrified reinforced walls/barbed wire – which is 3 dmg).
- FIXED – Holo MH1 reticule is not properly aligned.
- FIXED – Red dot is not aligned.
- FIXED – Exploitable gaps in some map areas.
- FIXED – Flickering textures for certain map surfaces.
- FIXED – Minor chroma changes to destructible walls for better clarity.
- FIXED – Various clipping/dynamic clipping issues.
- FIXED – Various issues with carpets.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on maps.
- FIXED – Various map props/assets.
- FIXED – Echo's Yokai can get stuck behind a water dispenser in 1F Skylight Stairwell of Bank.
- FIXED – Explosion damage can pass through the metal desk in B CCTV of Bank.
- FIXED – Invisible ceiling collision when navigating with Echo's Yokai at B Main Stairway on Bank.
- FIXED – Attackers can plant the defuser on top of the lockers in 1F Supply Room of Border.
- FIXED – Bullets can penetrate through the trim around the bar counter on Coastline.
- FIXED – Carpets on Coastline are not destroyed when hit by explosives (see Gadget Deployment Refactor).
- FIXED – You can go through the cool vibes wall on Coastline while rappelling.
- FIXED – Placing and detonating a nitro cell or impact grenade on the flag in 2F Consul Office of Consulate will not deal damage to any nearby operators.
- FIXED – Small gap above the double doors of EXT Visa Entrance of Consulate.
- FIXED – Issues with gadget deployment on the top window of EXT East Staircase window on Hereford.
- FIXED – The defuser can be dropped in a difficult to access area in EXT Cannon Overlook on Fortress.
- FIXED – Drones spawning in the wrong locations on House.
- FIXED – Barbed wire can't be placed on certain spots in 1F Lobby Stairs of House.
- FIXED – Barbed wire not deploying on carpeted stairs on Kafe.
- FIXED – Counters in 1F Kitchen Outback are missing some materials.
- FIXED – Defenders sometimes spawn in the air at 2F Bunk on Theme Park.
- FIXED – Various issues with Zero’s piercing camera gadget and interactions with various props/functionality (see Zero in Patch Notes).
- FIXED – Various visual feedback issues with Zero's gadget.
- FIXED – When using Amaru's Garra Hook to rappel up, Amaru can sometimes get stuck and fall back to the ground.
- FIXED – Ash's breaching round will not explode properly when it interacts with reinforced walls in a certain way.
- FIXED – Montagne and Clash cannot extend their shields while crouched.
- FIXED – Missing feedback warning message when Clash tries to user her CCE shield while in a disabled state.
- FIXED – Clash can slow opponents even when her CCE Shield is facing the opposite direction after being meleed and having her guard broken.
- FIXED – Frost's Muzzle Flash with her 9mm sub–machine gun extended barrel is misplaced.
- FIXED – Fuze has the Nato red dot, and the holographic and reflex scopes available for the AK–12 (he should have the Russian red dot, Russian holo, the Russian reflex, 2.0x and Russian 2.5x).
- FIXED – If Iana is using the new Y5S3 1.5x or 2.0x Scopes, they will revert back to the old ones when using her hologram.
- FIXED – If Iana's hologram is activated while a player reconnects to a session, Iana may appear to be dead to that player.
- FIXED – Maestro's Evil Eyes should now match the same deployment behavior of other deployable gadgets.
- FIXED – Missing 'Empty fuel' message for Maverick's blowtorch.
- FIXED – Melusi's Banshee and Maestro's Evil Eye are not destroyed when an enemy is pushed into them by Nomad's Airjab or Oryx's charge.
- FIXED – Small destructible objects can block Melusi's Banshee's LOS.
- FIXED – Montagne and Clash cannot extend their shields while crouched.
- FIXED – Montagne can unequip his shield while being guard broken.
- FIXED – Montagne's extended shield is automatically equipped if the player presses the key/button for his shield and then stands up later.
- FIXED – Destroying a Mozzie pest while hacking a drone renders the drone unusable for both Mozzie + the attacker.
- FIXED – Thatcher gets 10 points instead of 5 points for disabling Melusi's Banshee.
- FIXED – Thatcher getting 2x points for disabling Clash's CCE shield.
- FIXED – HUD icon updates for voice chat.
- FIXED – Various cosmetic/shop issues.
- FIXED – Various HUD fixes in caster mode.
- FIXED – Various HUD issues with compass locations on maps.
- FIXED – Various HUD/UI issues.
- FIXED – Various issues when spectating with Caster mode.
- FIXED – Various minor menu/round SFX issues.
- FIXED – Various minor visual issues with map props when in spectator mode.
- FIXED – Various SFX ping errors in menu/UI.
- FIXED – Ammo counter appears off screen when using 4:3 aspect ratio.
- FIXED – Buff/debuff icons are missing their animations on the HUD.
- FIXED – Defender's weapon attachments sometimes spawn with a delay after the start of the round.
- FIXED – Doc's stim pistol is not functional in Training Grounds
- FIXED – Errors with disable state interaction in completing PvE situations.
- FIXED – Graphical corruption when setting the brightness at 60 or above
- FIXED – In custom matches, the Hostage can still be killed even after setting Hostage death to off.
- FIXED – Long loading times when transitioning to the start of a round.
- FIXED – Missing score/timer from the UI during match point.
- FIXED – Overlapping running SFX when shield operators run with the shield on their back.
- FIXED – Player's attachment loadout visual information does not update during operator selection after being changed.
- FIXED – Reload button is misplaced on non–native aspect ratios.
- FIXED – Some Optic colors (orange, turquoise) are not displaying their true color at high opacity levels.
- FIXED – The bots start talking about grenades when Zero uses his gadget in PvE. At least they're pretty.
- FIXED – Unmuting another user that you blocked does not unmute them