- "Straight from your childhood and back to the battlefield, it's the return of Rainbow is Magic!"
— Event Description
The event initially ran from April 1st, 2019 to April 8th, 2019 but had its end date extended to April 15th, 2019 due to its popularity. The event returned as an Arcade Mode during the Crimson Heist expansion. Known as Rainbow is Magic (Again), it was available from March 30th, 2021 to April 5th, 2021.
Rainbow is Magic takes place om a special variant of the map Presidential Plane known as Air Cute One. The map features a dramatic visual overhaul, taking place as a toy set within the Kid's Bedroom on the prereworked version of House. The gamemode itself is a variation of Hostage, with the hostage in question called Mr. Bear who has a unique model and animations. The announcer is also replaced with a joyful, feminine voice with special voice lines, describing the game as if it were a children's book instead of a hostage rescue. Available Operators are modeled after army men except for Smoke, Montagne, Tachanka, and Blackbeard who wear bright pink outfits with the themes of a leopard, butterfly, unicorn, and princess, respectively.
The event limits each side to choose from six Attacking and Defending operators.
As with other events, Rainbow is Magic features limited-time Alpha Packs containing Headgear, Uniforms, Weapon Skins, and Charms that are themed around the event. There are 21 cosmetic items in the Rainbow Is Magic Alpha Pack collection with no duplicates awarded in packs.
All players are awarded a free Alpha Pack for logging in for the first time during the event. Afterwards, packs are obtained through completing Ubisoft Connect challenges or by purchase. Alpha Packs may be purchased with Renown alongside R6 Credits.
Rainbow is Magic Collection
Duke of Butterflies
That Pink Camo
Wings of Plum
|Coronation Gown||Magic Pony|
|Pink Cleophile||Spotted Paw|
Players may purchase event cosmetics with R6 Credits in bundles for each Operator featured in the event.
- The Presidential Plane map was given several changes to create a magic-like, childish feel, and it also changed some of the normal aspects of the game to further this fantasy.
- The usual map music that played upon entering the match was replaced with a frollicy music box theme.
- Shooting, breaking, or exploding holes into soft walls on the updated map would make a star shape. It would also release a flurry of colorful confetti and make a glittery noise. This confetti also appears when you destroy Blackbeard's Rifle-Shield, obscuring some vision for both parties.
- Environmental blood caused by shooting Operators or the Hostage was given a purple tint.
- Environmental fog in certain parts of the map was tinted a vibrant green, causing some vision issues, similar to Smoke's Gas Grenades.
- Attacking Drones were painted pink and given small cat faces. The yellow lights changed to pink as well.
- Barricades were also given a happy paintjob with a rainbow, but Reinforcements were simply given a slight purple tint. Default and Operator gadgets went unchanged, making them far easier to see against the bright background.
- The map also had some interactive aspects.
- Scattered throughout the map were several flower decals on the walls. If you damaged them, their petals would disappear and their happy faces would turn into frowns, crying loudly.
- A couple radios throughout the map were given new upbeat, frollicy music as well, and could be destroyed to silence them.
- In a few places, a gift box would sit. If you opened them by damaging them, a stuffed bear would appear and give a (usually sarcastic) voice line.
- Along with the change of scenery on the updated map, the pilot voice that occasionally gives announcements over the intercom also received new voice lines, making several references to community jokes.
- All of the Operator's voices were made high-pitched and faster while playing the gamemode.
- At the end of the game with the MVP sequence, the characters take army men poses on circular pedestals, to which the player in third place will fall over.
- The Spetsnaz Recruit was originally an available option during the first appearance of the event.
- The menu screen was replaced with a cutesy, colorful artwork of Smoke, Montagne, Tachanka, and Blackbeard in their pink outfits. The music was also replaced with an upbeat tune, that cut in after the loading screen with a vinyl scratch.
- The Rainbow is Magic Alpha Pack collection originally only featured 17 items. This was expanded to 21 items two years later with the addition of four weapon skins.
- The font used in many of the official graphics for the event is the same font used and popularized by My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- During the event, the official Rainbow Six Siege Twitter held a contest for fanartists to make GIFs about the event. Ten winners were chosen. 
- The event made a brief appearance at the Six Invitational 2021 Community Event as one of the playlists streamed during the event.
- In the 2021 version, the Toy Squid in the game mode is wearing a mask, referring to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. 
- Rainbow Six Siege Event: Rainbow is Magic
- Twitter: Rainbow is Magic
- https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-us/news/152-347846-16/rainbow-is-magic-gif-contest-winners GIF Contest Winners