Rainbow is Magic was an April Fools-themed limited time event in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege that was introduced during the Operation Burnt Horizon expansion. It featured an exclusive collection of cosmetics, available only during the time of the event and purchasable with R6 Credits. The event initially ended on April 8, 2019. However, following the communities' request for the event to be renewed, Ubisoft extended the event to April 15, 2019. The event ended on April 15, 2019.
Rainbow is Magic took place in a special variant of the Presidential Plane map available only during the time of the event. The map was known as Air Cute One, a pink toy plane that was in the Kid's Bedroom in House. It features a dramatic visual overhaul where all available Operators are either modeled after army men or, in the case of Smoke, Montagne, Tachanka, and Blackbeard, wear bright pink outfits with the themes of a leopard, butterfly, unicorn, and princess respectively. The gamemode itself was a variation of Hostage, with the Hostage in question being called Mr. Bear, who had a unique model and animations to go with the character. The announcer was also given a joyful, feminine voice and different voice lines, describing the game as if it were a children's book instead of a hostage rescue.The Operation Burnt Horizon menu screen was replaced with a cutesy, colorful artwork of Smoke, Montagne, Tachanka, and Blackbeard in their pink outfits. The music was also replaced with an upbeat tune, that cut in after the loading screen with a vinyl scratch.
- The Presidential Plane map was given several changes to create a magic-like, childish feel, and it also changed some of the normal aspects of the game to further this fantasy.
- The usual map music that played upon entering the match was replaced with a frollicy music box theme.
- Shooting, breaking, or exploding holes into soft walls on the updated map would make a star shape. It would also release a flurry of colorful confetti and make a glittery noise. This confetti also appears when you destroy Blackbeard's Rifle-Shield, obscuring some vision for both parties.
- Environmental blood caused by shooting Operators or the Hostage was given a purple tint.
- Environmental fog in certain parts of the map was tinted a vibrant green, causing some vision issues, similar to Smoke's Remote Gas Grenades.
- Attacking drones were painted pink and given small cat faces. The red lights changed to pink as well.
- Barricades were also given a happy paintjob, but Reinforcements were simply given a slight purple tint. Default and Operator gadgets went unchanged, making them far easier to see against the bright background.
- The map also had some interactive aspects.
- Scattered throughout the map were several flower decals on the walls. If you damaged them, their petals would disappear and their happy faces would turn into frowns, crying loudly.
- A couple radios throughout the map were given new upbeat, frollicy music as well, and could be destroyed to silence them.
- In a few places, a gift box would sit. If you opened them by damaging them, a stuffed bear would appear and give a (usually sarcastic) voice line.
- Along with the change of scenery on the updated map, the pilot voice that occasionally gives announcements over the intercom also received new voice lines, making several references to community jokes.
- All of the Operator's voices were made high-pitched while playing the gamemode.
- At the end of the game with the MVP sequence, the characters take army men poses on circular pedestals, to which the player in third place will fall over.
- The font used in many of the official graphics for the event is the same font used and popularized by My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
- During the event, the official Rainbow Six Siege Twitter held a contest for fanartists to make GIFs about the event. Ten winners were chosen.