- "You can trust me to help protect lives."
Rook was specifically recruited to join REACT for his exceptional marksmanship skills. Trained by the Gendarmerie Nationale, and later operating with GIGN, he is known for his adaptability under extreme stress. His boron-ceramic armor plates increase survivability and combat effectiveness of the team by providing additional protection which Rook can hand out when needed against the Archæans.
Assessing marksmanship skills and physical ability. Grade: Exceptional. Nizan's skillset will be an asset to the REACT squad. (INSERT: J. Trace - No doubt about that. Rook's solid.)
Speculating on Nizan's effect on team dynamics: As a self-described optimist and free thinker, he will be beneficial to the REACT team in high-stress situations. (Cross-ref: self-assessment /Nizan, Julien)
Expanding on Nizan's interest in Chimera abilities: Nizan has accessed research on Chimera Carapace, specifying "anti-ballistic properties." Suggest coordination with R&D Engineering branch.
- - INDEX
R1N "Rhino" Armor Pack
A Heavy Armored Operator, Rook comes with a bag of two R1N "Rhino" Armor Plates. These Armor Plates can be picked up and equipped for added damage resistance.
At Operator level 2, Rook, and VIPs in the Rescue mission objective, will have an armor plate applied by default. At Operator level 7, Armor damage resistance is increased to 30%. Finally at Operator level 10, an armor plate is automatically applied to Rook when revived and damage resistance is increased to 40%. (This may mean that Rook can only be KOed by bleedout expiration or having no means of being revived, be it via teammates or a Revive Kit, as he will always go to DBNO.)
- Rook's Armor Plates come in a satchel which he can place down. In it, there will be two Armor Plates ready to be picked up.
- Each Armor Plate takes 3 seconds to equip.
- Unlike other gadgets, Rook cannot pick up the satchel once dropped.
- The satchel can be destroyed by any source of damage after being placed.
- The satchel is sturdier than other gadgets. Aside from explosives or melee, destroying it takes more than a couple of hits.
- When an Armor Plate is worn, at base, Operators receive a 20% reduction in damage received.
- The 20% damage reduction is similar to a higher armor type.
- Despite the armor being only applied to the chest during the animation; the armor affects all parts of the body (except the head).
- Explosives will deal less damage when an Armor Plate is applied to an Operator.
- Armor Plates guarantee that the Operator wearing it is downed instead of entering KO status when their health depletes.
- When downed, the Operator will lose their Armor Plate.
- If an Operator is downed again, without either having another Armor Plate applied (for example, Rook getting an ability pickup and placing another bag), replenishing Body Armor with a REACT Gear pickup, or holding a Revive Kit, they will immediately go into KO and need to be extracted.
- Rook's plates stack with the Body Armor gear.
|1||Armor Pack||Drops a pack of armor plates for the team, granting damage resistance. Anyone wearing armor always falls to downed instead of KO.||N/A|
|2||Armored Up||Rook and VIPs have an armor plate applied by default.||HZ-Tarp Headgear|
|3||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the MP5 sub machine gun and the P9 handgun.||N/A|
|4||Armor IV||Incoming damage reduced by 30%.||N/A|
|5||Gear Up||Carries 1 additional REACT explosive.||HZ-Tarp Uniform|
|6||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the HK417 marksman Rifle and the SG-CQB shotgun.||N/A|
|7||Trauma Plates||Armor damage resistance increased to 30%.||Status Symbol Uniform|
|8||Speed III||Movement speed increased by 25%.||N/A|
|9||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the V308 assault rifle.||N/A|
|10||Armored Revival||An armor plate is automatically applied to Rook when revived. Damage resistance increased to 40%.||Status Symbol Headgear|