- "Let me show these Archaeans how I ground and pound."
Sledge only knocks once. The moment Sledge heard about the resurgence of the Parasite after New Mexico, he volunteered for REACT. Forged in the crucible of Selection and training for the SAS, he was welcomed for his imposing physical stature and uncanny skill with the Caber, his Tactical Breaching Hammer.
Analysis of subject Cowden's biometrics indicate stress biomarkers did not rise above expected levels upon first encounter with Archaeans. "Unruffled" assessment confirmed.
Studies indicate that in the face of threat team cohesion and morale will be vital (Query: battlefield stress). Cowden's character is likely to increase these factors. (Validate with assessment team)
Concluding that Cowden seeks ever-increasing challenges to "prove himself" against. Chances of his meeting or exceeding hypothesized performance are high.
- - INDEX
Sledge is equipped with a robust Tactical Breaching Hammer known as "The Caber". It can breach through almost all non-reinforced surfaces such as walls and floor hatches with relative ease and silence. Offensively, The Caber can be used to stun most enemies, giving the player or their teammates time to dispatch them. Reaching level 10 will allow Sledge to make charged strikes that will enable him to stun Tormentor and Smasher Archæan types, leaving their weak points exposed.
- The Breaching Hammer creates a rectangular hole on surfaces it strikes.
- The Breaching Hammer has an unlimited number of charges.
- The Hammer can't break through non-destructible surfaces or a Reinforced Wall
- Sledge takes a moment to unequip his hammer after using it. This half second delay will leave him vulnerable, but only for a short period.
- The Breaching Hammer needs to be fairly close to a wall in order to destroy both sides of the wall. Roughly within a 1 meter distance. If not, the Hammer will only break the external surface, leaving the internal one intact. This necessitates a second swing, delaying breach and wasting the Breaching Hammer's durability.
- This also applies to floors, as Sledge needs to be a fair amount close to destroy both sides of the floor.
|1||Tactical Hammer||Equips a tactical hammer which can stun enemies and destroy walls to create new paths.|
|2||Charged Swing||The hammer swing can now be charged to unleash a stronger and wider attach.||HZ-Tarp Headgear|
|3||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the SMG-11 machine pistol.|
|4||Speed III||Movement speed increased by 25%.|
|5||Healthy Hand||Reviving teammates grants them 20 Health Boost.||HZ-Tarp Uniform|
|6||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the L85A2 assault rifle.|
|7||Harder & Faster||Charged hammer swings now stun Sowers, Rooters, and Lurkers. Swing speed and damage increased.||Status Symbol Uniform|
|8||Armor V||Incoming damage reduced by 40%.|
|9||Arsenal Update||Gains access to the AR33 assault rifle.|
|10||Smasher Smackdown||Charged hammer swings now stun Tormentors and Smashers.||Status Symbol Headgear|