- "The high maneuverability of this shotgun makes up for its low capacity magazine."
— In-game description
The Super Shorty is a shotgun featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege, introduced in the Operation Burnt Horizon expansion. It is available for use by the Attacker Recruits, Castle, Clash and Gridlock.
As a weapon, the Super Shorty is not suited for anything beyond close-range engagements. Rather, it's better suited for utility purposes such as opening hatches, creating rotation holes, or quickly making lines of sight.
- Relatively quick pump cycle
- Utility use
- Low damage per pellet
- Steep damage dropoff
- Tiny magazine capacity
- Limited optic choices
- The Super Shorty's model is based on the Remington 870 Modular Combat Shotgun (MCS) (specifically the compact "Masterkey" variant), a variant of the M870 that is mounted with a Cadex Defence removable stock butt adapter, rather than the actual Serbu Super-Shorty.
- The in-game shotgun's capacity of 2+1 is correct for an actual Super Shorty, however, the real-life 870 MCS Masterkey has a capacity of 3+1 instead.
- A glitch is currently preventing a part of the player base from using the Red Dot Sight on Recruit's Super Shorty. Instead, they will only have the Iron Sight available.
- Originally, Mozzie had access to the Super Shorty. This was later removed as the Super Shorty was given to Castle in Operation Void Edge.