|Overview||Raven Shield||Black Arrow||Lockdown|
- "Dampens a weapon's sound at the cost of weapon damage."
— In-game description
The Suppressor is a weapon attachment featured in Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege. It greatly reduces the sound emitted from a weapon when fired. Due to the importance of listening to one's surroundings to determine the location of the enemy, the suppressor is extremely valuable in masking the player's location as a result. This can be useful in dispatching lone enemies in Terrorist Hunt or multiplayer as well as destroying surveillance cameras. The largest drawback of the attachment is that it will reduce a weapon's damage by nearly 15%, requiring more shots in order to obtain a kill.
Missed bullets fired from a suppressed weapon do not trigger a white threat indicator, nor will they create smoke trails. If a shot lands on a target they will experience no indicators telling them where the shot came from. While a normal weapon can be heard from across the map in the open, a suppressed weapon can only be heard from 30 meters away. The Suppressor hides the muzzle flash of weapons better than a Flash Hider does, but cannot bring any recoil benefits.
Almost every in-game weapon can be equipped with Suppressor, but not as much. However, there are exceptions.
|Light Machine Guns|
According to the in-game stats, the suppressor is supposed to reduce the baseline damage for each weapon by 15%, rounded down to the nearest full point of damage.
- The rectangular-shaped suppressor shown on most pistols and the C75 Auto, the Vector .45 ACP, PDW9, Scorpion EVO 3 A1, K1A, Mx4 Storm, and the T-5 SMG except for the PMM, GSh-18, MK1 9mm, and the 1911 TACOPS is modeled after the SilencerCo Osprey series. The "Luison's" Osprey and the M4's suppressor is wrapped in burlap.
- The Osprey Suppressor is not full-auto rated but with the K1A in reality, the said suppressor can accept calibers at 9x19mm Parabellum to .45 ACP as well as .300 Blackout.
- The shotgun suppressor on the SuperNova and TCSG12 is loosely modeled after the SilencerCo Salvo 12.
- The suppressor on the AK-74M is modeled after the TSNIITochMash PBS-4.