The original article was at JS 9 mm. The list of authors can be seen in the page history.
As with Rainbow Six Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the CreativeCommons BY-SA 3.0 License.
- "This open bolt 9mm lightweight submachine gun has a high rate of fire."
— In-game description
The JS 9 mm (Chinese: JS 9 mm冲锋枪; Pinyin: JS 9 mm Chōngfēng Qiāng; Literally: "JS 9 mm Submachine Gun") is a commercial export version of the QCW-05 (with the exception of different chambering.) It is a submachine gun developed by the Jianshe Industries (Group) Corporation of Chongqing. The JS 9 mm is capable of using any 9×19mm round, including the popular 9×19mm Parabellum round but has specifically been chambered for the indigenous, armour-piercing 9×19mm DAP92-9 round.
In-game, designated as the T-5 SMG, this submachine gun functions similarly to the MP7. Its slightly lower, yet still respectable damage output is complemented by its low recoil. Its high rate of fire of 900RPM, combined with the impressive controllability, makes headshots extremely easy to land. Again, similar to the MP7, the one downside of the T-5 is its inability to be equipped with a grip.
- High rate of fire
- High overall damage
- Low recoil
- Lacks grips
- Subpar damage per shot
- There is a warning in Simplified Chinese written on the side of the magazine well, saying "警告：使用前阅读操作手册". Translated, it means "Warning: Read Operating Manual before Use".
- The T-5 SMG in reality fires in an open bolt configuration, meaning that one in the chamber would be impossible, unlike the in-game counterpart, which holds one in the chamber. This error is shared with other guns with an open-bolt configuration.
- The T-5's bolt reciprocates backwards, as if it were a closed-bolt weapon. As an open-bolt weapon, it should reciprocate forwards instead.
- The T-5 SMG was initially useable by Melusi; her T-5 featured a unique green leaf camouflage by default. In Patch 5.5.3, however, Melusi's SMG was switched from the T-5 SMG to the MP5, meaning the special camouflaged T-5 SMG is no longer useable in-game.